Bulk email with ISPCONFIG3 Joomla and NS-Pro

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by vestport, Jun 26, 2012.

1. vestport

vestport Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello group,

I am running ISPCONFIG3 on Centos 5.6. I am using Joomla 2.5 with NS-Pro newsletter mailer. I have a virtual host on the ISPCONFIG that I want to send out some bulk emails through NS-Pro (newsletter component) which runs on top of Joomla. I was weary just diving right in and going for it as the company that I purchased my email list off of warned me about sending over 500 emails a day and being tagged as a spammer or blacklisted.

I contacted my ISP (Verizon FIOS) and asked them if there were any restrictions as I am a commercial customer with a static IP. They said that the only restrictions were if I were using their email servers which I am not. I run my own mail server via ISPCONFIG3.

My question is since the only possible restrictions appear to be only those imposed on my Linux box then how many emails can I send an hour, a day etc. without getting tagged as a spammer or blacklisted?

If there is a way to check, change or confirm email limits on the server please help by pointing me to the right files and what to look for. I am using dovecot and postfix.

Thanks in advance for any replies!