Bug?: ERROR 1.Email address is invalid.

Discussion in 'General' started by edge, Jul 13, 2009.

1. edge

edge HowtoForge Supporter

Today I wanted to add some new e-mail addresses to one of the domains on ISPconfig3

Some of the e-mail addresses are single letter once (like a@domain.tld, b@domain.tld .... )

Unfortunately ISPconfig3 will give an "ERROR 1.Email address is invalid." when doing so!

Is there maybe a quick fix for this?

2. till

till Super Moderator

You can change the regular expression in the form definition file of the mail_user form.

3. edge

Where can I find this mail_user form¿

4. vogelor

vogelor ISPConfig Developer

debian:

/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/form

5. edge

I've had a look at the files in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/form, but I can not find the regular expression that is handeling this.

Any more clues?

6. till

till Super Moderator

Sorry, the email regex is defined in the global form handling file /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/tform.inc.php

Around line 643 you will find the regular expression for the email address validation:

if(!preg_match("/^\w+[\w.-]*\w+@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{2,10}$/i", $field_value)) {

7. edge

I found it, but unfortinatly it did not work for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong.
    I've changed the {2,10} part in
    PHP:
    if(!preg_match("/^\w+[\w.-]*\w+@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{2,10}$/i"$field_value)) { 
    to: {1,10}
    PHP:
    if(!preg_match("/^\w+[\w.-]*\w+@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{1,10}$/i"$field_value)) { 

8. till

till Super Moderator

What you changed is the length of the domain suffix. e.g. you would be able to add now things like user@domain.c instead if domain.com. Try this instead:

if(!preg_match("/^\w+[\w.-]*@\w+[\w.-]*\w+\.[a-z]{2,10}$/i", $field_value)) {