Bug after deleting subdomain (vhost)

Discussion in 'General' started by Hirbod, Apr 3, 2014.

  1. Hirbod

    Hirbod New Member

    Hello,

    I've created a subdomain a few days ago (as vHost). Directly after creation I deleted my entry, cause I did not like the name I had chosen.

    Since this I'm getting so many errors in my cron log.

    Every 5 minutes. I've tried to add this subdomain again and deleted it after 1 hour, but this "trick" did not help. There must be an old entry about this subdomain somewhere in the system. How do I fix this? Also I guess you need to do something to prevent this kind of errors in the future?

    Regards
    Hirbod
     
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Which ISPConfig version do you use?
     
  3. Hirbod

    Hirbod New Member

    3.0.5.3 on Debian wheezy

    And I forgot to mention that I did not delete the subdomain, I renamed it before the cron created the subdomain.

    Maybe this was "to fast".
     
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Actions are always executed in order, so it cant be too fast. But the renameing might be related. maybe there is a bug in renaming the bind mount paths for vhost subdomains.

    please check if there is a bind mount line for /var/www/clients/client1/web1/log/raumwerk.dev in /etc/fstab and is raumwerk.dev the domain name before or after you renamed it.
     
  5. Hirbod

    Hirbod New Member

    Hi till,

    etc/fstab does not contain raumwerk.dev

    /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/raumwerk.xxx.com /var/www/clients/client1/web1/log/raumwerk none bind,nobootwait 0 0


    raumwerk.dev was the name before. I renamed it to "raumwerk".
    But it looks like it is fixed now, cause I've created raumwerk.dev again and deleted it. Its gone from the cron log now
     
  6. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Ok, so it must be somehow related to the renaming. I will try to reproduce the isue on my test server, so that we can fix that.
     
  7. Hbod

    Hbod New Member

    Hi,

    FYI: this time I created a subdomain but the owner domain was wrong. I've changed the website to the right domain (from dev.mydomain1.com to dev.mydomain2.com).

    The problem happened again. My log is full of error messages. There is a bug in the renaming progress.
     
  8. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    This has been fixed now.
     

Share This Page