Brand New

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by thenebb, Feb 3, 2007.

1. thenebb

thenebb New Member

Hello, Im sure you have heard this before " I'm a NewB"
    Anyhow I have the urge to set up my own server. I have FC6 and want to be able to run this from my house and host multiple sites of mine and such on it!

I guess what im looking for is a complete how to from start to finish in setting this up properly. I'd like to have php mysql and all the goodies that one would get from purchasing a host.

I would appreciate all the help i can get and thanks in advance!
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

may I ask for what reasons you have selected FC6?
  4. thenebb

thenebb New Member

i tried that one and got all the way up to installing software and that wouldn't work. I also tried installing software indivually and still no luck.

yum install fetchmail wget bzip2 unzip zip nmap openssl lynx fileutils ncftp gcc gcc-c++

to answer why i choose fc6, well its ratings are high and thought id give it a try. I did a server years ago with debian... jsut a simple one and now i want to learn more.
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What exactly is the problem? Did you follow as close as possible? Did you disable SELinux?
  6. thenebb

thenebb New Member

hmmm dont rem now for sure but i believe it error getting url or file problem!

I actually have the sys running and now im trying to put php a phpadmin in and a fewother mods.

when i installed phpmyadmin they were installed in the var/www/phpadmin/ so how do i get to the admin section and yes i tried the var url with no luck. Is there somthing else i have to do?

Id allso like a control panel like vdeck of plesk or cpanel waht do u suggest?
  7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer