Blank main page

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Corvinus, Dec 22, 2013.

  1. Corvinus

    Corvinus New Member

    I was affected by the php-cgi hack, and I have turned all that off. Trying to run mod_php mainly, and without suphp since that also started creating problems since isp is so out of its vhost. The ISPconfig login again worked fine. After a few days it just shows this, and I can't figure out why... any ideas?


    The .bash_history from one of the hackers suggests he has done "su ispconfig".

    ISPconfig version
    PHP version 5.2.6

    Point is it DID work until lately, and it bothers me that I don't know why the main page doesn't work. I know I should just reinstall, I just wanna know what's broken first.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. Croydon

    Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    Check the apache error log and the syslog first.
  3. Corvinus

    Corvinus New Member

    The logs doesn't give any notice or error when loading the page. Nothing in browser console either incase ajax/js error. So no content, and no logged reason why not.
  4. Corvinus

    Corvinus New Member

    Here's the source of the HTML. I'm guessing the comment AJAX CONTENT inside form should've been replaced at some point.

    <body onload="loadInitContent()">
        <div id="page_margins">
            <div id="page">
                <div id="header">
                    <div id="topsubnav">
                        <!-- start: skip link navigation -->
                        <a class="skip" href="#navigation" title="skip link">Skip to the navigation</a><span class="hideme">.</span>
                        <a class="skip" href="#content" title="skip link">Skip to the content</a><span class="hideme">.</span>
                        <!-- end: skip link navigation -->
                    <h1 id="ir-HeaderLogo" class="swap"><span>ISPConfig 3</span></h1>
                    <span>hosting control panel</span>
                <!-- begin: main navigation #nav -->
                <div id="nav">
                    <a id="navigation" name="navigation"></a>
                    <!-- skiplink anchor: navigation -->
                    <div id="nav_main">
                        <div id="topNav">&nbsp;</div>
                <!-- end: main navigation -->
                <!-- begin: main content area #main -->
                <div id="main">
                    <!-- begin: #col1 - first float column -->
                    <div id="col1">
                        <div id="col1_content" class="clearfix">
                            <div id="sideNav">&nbsp;</div>
                    <!-- end: #col1 -->
                    <!-- begin: #col3 static column -->
                    <div id="col3">
                        <div id="col3_content" class="clearfix">
                            <a id="content" name="content"></a>
                            <!-- skiplink anchor: Content -->
                            <form method="post" action="" id="pageForm" name="pageForm" enctype="multipart/form-data" class="uniForm">
                            <div id="pageContent"><!-- AJAX CONTENT --></div>
                        <div id="ie_clearing">&nbsp;</div>
                        <!-- End: IE Column Clearing -->
                    <!-- end: #col3 -->
                <!-- end: #main -->
            <!-- begin: #footer -->
            <div id="footer">
                Powered by <a href="" target="_blank">ISPConfig</a>
            </div><!-- end: #footer -->
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  5. Corvinus

    Corvinus New Member


    My mistake when I said there were no client side errors. It's an early include_once() action in scrigo.js.php that fails, and function warning causes a JS syntax error that further halts the definition of loadInitContent() as well as getInternetExplorerVersion(), which is why the AJAX content don't appear.

    It tries to load:

    But no files even exist inside that directory, i replaced it with a fresh one from a new ISPConfig download and now I can log in again.

    Then I found out essentially ALL language files are gone. I know there has been root access so it's odd only language files are gone if they wanted to go on a spree, but perhaps the ones doing THIS particular deed, only had ispconfig user access as the .lng files are only owner writable as far as I could gather. Even so... they could have deleted the lang directories as well, and haven't...

    At least I solved the functional issue, which was all I cared about.

Share This Page