BIND Version Vulnerabilities.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jims_a_winner, Mar 13, 2013.

1. jims_a_winner

jims_a_winner New Member

I have been using ISPConfig3 for several years now, I have recently run into an issue involving Payment Card Industry Compliance, I have to get PCI Compliance on all my servers.

I am running ISPConfig 3 on CentOS 6.3 (64bit) and have followed the perfect server guide (apache/courier).

I have managed to resolve all my compliance issues except one! BIND!. Here is an extract from the security scan.

Any information on this issue or how I can go about updating my BIND build or if this version is patched where I can get the patch information to prove that this build of BIND is not vulnerable anymore.

Kind Regards,
    Jim

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should consider to ask this questions the centos devs on the centos dev mailinglist.

3. jims_a_winner

jims_a_winner New Member

Can anyone send a message to the developers? I understand I just send a message with my query to [email protected]?

Thank you for the information, I was more concerned that if I performed an update to the BIND version I would cause problems with the running of my freshly installed ISPConfig server! (I have spent about 10 days configuring all the services to become compliant)

if/when I get an answer from the centos developers I will post back here with the results?

thanks for your help till.

Jim