Best Password Manager?

Discussion in 'Smalltalk' started by Echtap, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Echtap

Echtap New Member

I am in the process of managing all my many passwords to different sites. I've been using DashLane but it doesn't sync across multiple devices without paying for a subscription. I also don't like how the program seems to have a different interface for both windows and mac :(

Anyone got any suggestions for good free ones?

2. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

I personally like pass and use QtPass as gui on my KDE installation... but I guess that's not an option for you.

3. Echtap

Echtap New Member

I guess not! I feel like setting up my own syncing system and just reuploading/downloading the spreadsheet file each time I need the latest version. Problem is storing it online on a server is just going to be a security risk.

4. sjau

that's why I like pass... it gpg encrypts by default... you get access through ssh/cli or gui client... integrated git to sync among several devices...

5. Echtap

Echtap New Member

Hmm interesting. I'll definitely consider it then.

6. sjau

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  7. matthewobrn

matthewobrn New Member

I've also been looking for something like this, will be good to try. Thanks

8. Gia

Gia New Member

I use KeepassX on Ubuntu 16.04 and macOS, they use the same interface.
    They sync with DropBox and the work really well.

9. Annis Travis

Annis Travis New Member

I use LastPass 4.0 Premium. Check reviews online so you can see comparisons.

10. sjau

I've been pondering, Win 10 supports now a Linux Subsystem (still has to be enabled though)... but with that linux subsystem one should gain easy access to pass and stuff. So pass (Password Store) shuld now also be easy to use on Windows.