Before install - Debian box with 5 IPs

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by BlackMuddler, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BlackMuddler

BlackMuddler New Member

Hi there ..

Before I change the current CP with ISPConfig - I have one question, maybe 2.

I have a dedicated debian box with 5 IPs on one ethernet card. They are all defined in the /etc/network/interfaces file.

The primary ip on eth0 I will use only for ISPConfig panel. The others on the eth0:x will been used on/for hosted domains.

Now - Will ISPConfig see these IPs during install so I can use them 'out-of-box' or do I have to know something specific before I get started?

If the answer is yes, will it be possible for ISPConfig to use 1 mail server (smarthost) and 2 dns servers as standalone external servers?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
    BlackMuddler

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must define the IP addresses that you want to use under System > System > Server IP addresses (see chapter 4.9.2.3 Server IP addresses in the ISPConfig 3 Manual).

Yes, this is possible - see http://www.howtoforge.com/installin...tabase-servers-on-debian-5.0-with-ispconfig-3

3. BlackMuddler

BlackMuddler New Member

First - Thanks for getting back to me..

Yes - I testet the online demo yesterday and have a look at that - but before setup that up in ISPConfig I must still define my IPs in debians interface file?

Unfortunately, I think that I have not explained myself well enough. I have 1 existing mail and 2 existing dns. I dont want to install ISPConfig on them but can ISPConfig use them directly - not making dns update, but read from them and also - setting ISPConfig webserver to make use of existing mailserver as a smarthost - so none email is delivered locally.

Thanks.

BlackMuddler