Before install - Debian box with 5 IPs

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by BlackMuddler, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BlackMuddler

BlackMuddler New Member

Hi there ..

Before I change the current CP with ISPConfig - I have one question, maybe 2.

I have a dedicated debian box with 5 IPs on one ethernet card. They are all defined in the /etc/network/interfaces file.

The primary ip on eth0 I will use only for ISPConfig panel. The others on the eth0:x will been used on/for hosted domains.

Now - Will ISPConfig see these IPs during install so I can use them 'out-of-box' or do I have to know something specific before I get started?

If the answer is yes, will it be possible for ISPConfig to use 1 mail server (smarthost) and 2 dns servers as standalone external servers?

Thanks in advance.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must define the IP addresses that you want to use under System > System > Server IP addresses (see chapter Server IP addresses in the ISPConfig 3 Manual).

Yes, this is possible - see
  3. BlackMuddler

BlackMuddler New Member

First - Thanks for getting back to me..

Yes - I testet the online demo yesterday and have a look at that - but before setup that up in ISPConfig I must still define my IPs in debians interface file?

Unfortunately, I think that I have not explained myself well enough. I have 1 existing mail and 2 existing dns. I dont want to install ISPConfig on them but can ISPConfig use them directly - not making dns update, but read from them and also - setting ISPConfig webserver to make use of existing mailserver as a smarthost - so none email is delivered locally.