Autoresponder take long time to activate

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by acumen, Nov 19, 2013.

1. acumen

acumen New Member

Hi there,

I setup a fresh ispconfig3 and try the auto response function. When the first time I set, no auto reply at all. Then I deactivate it and re-set again, same problem. So, I look inside the ISP database, and found that everything already set but still no auto reply.

After a whole night without any touch, the next day when I back to office, I try to send an email to that account and I got the auto reply in a minute.

I just thought that is there any problem and ISP need a very long time to activate the auto reply function? Or is there anything I make wrong?

I can confirm the server date and time are in localtime; set the start time to right now; After set, I look in the database and saw "1" in autorespone field.

Can help where I go wrong? Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the timezone in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php and /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php and adjust it is nescessary.

3. acumen

acumen New Member

Thanks Till,

I checked both files and amended with 'Asia/Hong_Kong' but still no luck. Is there anywhere I have to check? Thanks.

BTW, another question, can I amend the auto reply email with the user own subject instead of 'Auto Response: From [email protected]'?

Thanks.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally it takes about 60 seconds to write changes to disk. you can see in the ispconfig monitor > jobqueue when a change has been written. if the jobqueue is empty, then all changes have been applied.

5. acumen

acumen New Member

Thanks Till,

I checked with the job queue and system log. I found that ispc3 processed the job and the required files wrote to /var/vmail/mailfilters/$domain/$user/.<files> too.
    When I try to send a test email to that account, I can also saw the .vacation.lst.gdbm and .vacation.lst.lock generated out.

But I still cannot get the auto reply email back to sender until I wait over night.

Is there any where I need to check? Thanks.