Autoresponder take long time to activate

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by acumen, Nov 19, 2013.

1. acumen

acumen New Member

Hi there,

I setup a fresh ispconfig3 and try the auto response function. When the first time I set, no auto reply at all. Then I deactivate it and re-set again, same problem. So, I look inside the ISP database, and found that everything already set but still no auto reply.

After a whole night without any touch, the next day when I back to office, I try to send an email to that account and I got the auto reply in a minute.

I just thought that is there any problem and ISP need a very long time to activate the auto reply function? Or is there anything I make wrong?

I can confirm the server date and time are in localtime; set the start time to right now; After set, I look in the database and saw "1" in autorespone field.

Can help where I go wrong? Thanks.
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the timezone in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/ and /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/ and adjust it is nescessary.
  3. acumen

acumen New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally it takes about 60 seconds to write changes to disk. you can see in the ispconfig monitor > jobqueue when a change has been written. if the jobqueue is empty, then all changes have been applied.
  5. acumen

acumen New Member

Thanks Till,

I checked with the job queue and system log. I found that ispc3 processed the job and the required files wrote to /var/vmail/mailfilters/$domain/$user/.<files> too.
    When I try to send a test email to that account, I can also saw the .vacation.lst.gdbm and .vacation.lst.lock generated out.

But I still cannot get the auto reply email back to sender until I wait over night.

Is there any where I need to check? Thanks.