Autoresponder Polish characters in text

Discussion in 'General' started by Zuluspl, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. Zuluspl

    Zuluspl New Member

    Hi,
    I have a problem with polish characters in autoresponder. Users need to use them but auto-response is broken with "?????". In the database text is ok. All "ŻŹĆżźćółę" are fine. In the email from autoresponder text is "??????" and charset of this mail is iso-8859-1 wich is wrong for PL codepage. Can somebody help me?

    ISPConfig ver. 3.0.2

    Regards
    Zuluspl
     
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. Zuluspl

    Zuluspl New Member

    No one cen help me with this problem? I think, this is a problem of code-page of email from autoresponder, but where I must change this?

    Ragards,
    Zuluspl
     
  3. lucani

    lucani Member HowtoForge Supporter

    I have same problem with squirrelMail, I searched on this forum how to install and set another charset (ISO-8859-2) instead of UTF-8 on my server. It works but I dont think its good way because other app/services work with UTF-8 by default. It may be cause of crashes. Better way would be change in sourcecode so add your problem to bugtracker.
     
  4. linus

    linus New Member

    Autoresponder messes up Finnish umlauts

    I have the same problem, the Finnish characters åäö are being replaced by ?. The mail marked the encoding as UTF-8 (or rather Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8") in the header, but I suspect it's wrong, as when I forward the auto replied message in my client (Thunderbird) I get the ? replaced by the right characters.

    I have ispconfig 3.0.3 (stable) on the server, and I saw a relevant entry in the bug tracker:

    http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=1146&project=3&tasks=&due=44&status[0]=&order=category&sort=asc&order2=id&sort2=asc

    In case anybody knows the fix I'd be happy. Thanks!
     
  5. dar_ek

    dar_ek New Member

    Comments all lines (four) in lib/classes/modules.inc.php with "utf8_decode" can fix this.

    I don't know if this will break something else. :(
    (I asked this on devel forum.)
     
  6. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    This breaks several other things, e.g. that changes get written reliably to disk. So I recommend to undo these changes before your setup gets out of sync.
     
  7. dar_ek

    dar_ek New Member

    I've got later answer from Till on Devel forum:

     
  8. vistree

    vistree Member

    Workaround

    ... hi, maybe this is helpful for one of you:
    I have the same problem on my system. I checked the encoding of a generated .vacation.msg. Which is ISO-8859-1 on my system.
    So, I just changed /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/autoresponder.master and replaced 'UTF-8' with the charset of the .vacation.msg
     

Share This Page