automail weird problem with outlook 2016

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by felan, Jun 12, 2018.

  1. felan

    felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Good afternoon.

    I found this nice plugin by Florian for adding autodiscover/autoconfig to ispconfig, however I have a bit of a problem. Outlook 2016 (office 365) gives me an error with no description, when it tries to autodiscover the info, but if you go in to the classic control panel and use Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016), there are no issues...

    Has anyone ells experienced this and if so, any idea on how to fix it?

    Cheers,
    Mike
     
  2. florian030

    florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

    Maybe microsoft can fixes this for you? ;)

    Did you check this with the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer ?

    I'm not using outlook by myself but iirc, there are some problems with some outlook-versions and installed windows-updates.
     
  3. felan

    felan Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Hi Florian.
    Yep checked with Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer and it works fine there. Might be an outlook bug. I've heard other people complain about other servers, having the same issue.
     
    florian030 likes this.
  4. Hi everybody! have you had any success with autodiscover? I'm experiencing similar troubles as you. Both systems show correct results, thunderbird autoconfigs itself perfectly (IMAP 143 STARTTLS, SMTP 587 STARTTLS), the MS R.C. Analyzer shows same results, with SPA deactivated, and SMTP Auth on, but Outlook insists on not activating SMTP Auth, ignoring STARTTLS for both services and configuring SMTP on port 25.

    Any idea why this is happenning? TIA so much!!!!

    Here's the MS Analyzer results:

    Autodiscover Account Settings
    XML response:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <Autodiscover xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
    <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a">
    <Account>
    <AccountType>email</AccountType>
    <Action>settings</Action>
    <Protocol>
    <Type>IMAP</Type>
    <Server>mail.oenus.com</Server>
    <Port>143</Port>
    <DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
    <ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
    <SSL>on</SSL>
    <LoginName>[email protected]</LoginName>
    <SPA>off</SPA>
    <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
    <DomainRequired>on</DomainRequired>
    </Protocol>
    <Protocol>
    <Type>POP3</Type>
    <Server>mail.oenus.com</Server>
    <Port>110</Port>
    <DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
    <ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
    <SSL>on</SSL>
    <LoginName>[email protected]</LoginName>
    <SPA>off</SPA>
    <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
    <DomainRequired>on</DomainRequired>
    </Protocol>
    <Protocol>
    <Type>SMTP</Type>
    <Server>mail.oenus.com</Server>
    <Port>587</Port>
    <DirectoryPort>0</DirectoryPort>
    <ReferralPort>0</ReferralPort>
    <SSL>off</SSL>
    <UsePOPAuth>on</UsePOPAuth>
    <Encryption>TLS</Encryption>
    <LoginName>[email protected]</LoginName>
    <SPA>off</SPA>
    <AuthRequired>on</AuthRequired>
    <DomainRequired>on</DomainRequired>
    </Protocol>
    </Account>
    </Response>
    </Autodiscover>
    HTTP Response Headers:
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
    Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 21:38:36 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)
    Elapsed Time: 127 ms
     
  5. Jesse Norell

    Jesse Norell Well-Known Member

    Try @florian030's automail, it's easy to setup, though I haven't tried testing it with actual MS mail clients. Output from a test domain setup with that looks like:
    Code:
    <clientConfig version="1.1">
     <emailProvider id="server.name.tld">
      <domain>domain.tld</domain>
      <displayName/>
      <displayShortName>server.name.tld</displayShortName>
    
      <incomingServer type="imap">
       <hostname>server.name.tld</hostname>
       <port>143</port>
       <socketType>STARTTLS</socketType>
       <authentication>password-cleartext</authentication>
       <username>%EMAILADDRESS%</username>
      </incomingServer>
    
      <incomingServer type="pop3">
       <hostname>server.name.tld</hostname>
       <port>110</port>
       <socketType>STARTTLS</socketType>
       <authentication>password-cleartext</authentication>
       <username>%EMAILADDRESS%</username>
      </incomingServer>
    
      <outgoingServer type="smtp">
       <hostname>server.name.tld</hostname>
       <port>587</port>
       <socketType>STARTTLS</socketType>
       <authentication>password-cleartext</authentication>
       <username>%EMAILADDRESS%</username>
      </outgoingServer>
    
     </emailProvider>
    </clientConfig>
    
     
  6. Hi Jesse. Thanks for your quick reply.

    Last night I browsed some Outlook related documentation. It seems the problem I was facing has nothing to do with the plugin (or any other helper program that I could use instead), but with the fact that Outlook seems not to work ok with those particular settings (IMAP 143 STARTTLS, POP 110 STARTTLS, SMTP 587 STARTTLS). Once I've changed the autodiscover values to IMAPS 993 SSL, POP3S 995 SSL, and SMTPS 465 SSL, automatic configuration worked perfectly.

    Thanks for your help

    Ignacio
     

Share This Page