Aquota issue for web1

Discussion in 'General' started by crypted, Apr 24, 2010.

  1. crypted

    crypted New Member

    Okay, so I had a thread that stopped being responded to. First, the issue seemed to be FTP users quotas not being set. After investigation, I have since learned that web1 has over 2GB of data attributed to its maximum of 1.5GB whereas the literal account has about 260MB.

    There are directories in masonicwiki.info that should not be. No clue?

    Code:
    my:/var/www/masonicwiki.info# ls -lah
    total 64K
    drwxr-xr-x 14 root root    4.0K 2010-04-23 18:24 .
    drwxr-xr-x 10 root root    4.0K 2010-04-15 13:13 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 bin
    drwxr-x--x  2 web1 client1 4.0K 2010-04-14 12:43 cgi-bin
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 dev
    drwxr-xr-x  6 root root    4.0K 2010-04-23 18:26 etc
    -rwxr-x--x  1 web1 client1    0 2010-04-15 20:25 ftpquota3
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 home
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root      40 2010-04-21 22:30 .htpasswd_stats
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 lib
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 lib64
    lrwxrwxrwx  1 web1 client1   41 2010-04-14 12:43 log -> /var/log/ispconfig/httpd/masonicwiki.info
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 web1 client1  305 2010-04-23 18:24 sitemap-update.sh
    drwxr-x--x  2 web1 client1 4.0K 2010-04-14 12:43 ssl
    drwxrwxrwx  2 web1 client1 4.0K 2010-04-23 17:15 tmp
    drwxr-xr-x  6 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 usr
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root    4.0K 2010-04-22 19:02 var
    drwx--x--- 21 web1 client1 4.0K 2010-04-23 18:24 web
    my:/var/www/masonicwiki.info# cd var
    Code:
    my:/var/www/masonicwiki.info# du -hc /var/www/clients/client1/web1
    ...
    260M    total
    my:/var/www/masonicwiki.info#
    Code:
    my:/var/www/masonicwiki.info# cat /etc/passwd |grep web1
    web1:x:5004:5005::/var/www/clients/client1/web1/./home/web1:/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh
    
    Code:
    my:/var/www/masonicwiki.info# repquota -avug |grep web1
    web1      -- 2434824 5120000 5121024          41979     0     0       
    
    Any thoughts on why the quota system is allocating SO much more than it ought to?
     
  2. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    You compare apples with pies here. The du command returns the size of all files within a directory wile repquota returns the quota of a user.

    Example:

    I have a directory /home/myuser, there I add a 100 MB file owned by the user root.

    So du /home/myuser will return 100MB as the size of this directory is 100MB wile repquota for myuser will return 0 as the 100MB file is not owned by myuser, it is owned by root.
     
  3. crypted

    crypted New Member

    Okay. That's fine. How do I figure out where all of these other files are located that are being attributed to web1 via repquota?

    I used the du command because the only directory assigned to web1 is the web1 so I counted up its data that way.

    Either way, web1 should be showing only the 260MB rather than 2.5GB.
     
  4. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    You can find files for a specific owner with the "find" command in linux. For details on the options of this command, use:

    man find
     
  5. crypted

    crypted New Member

    Right right I knew that ugh. find -user "web1"

    Okay so apparently, web1 has a quota containing web1 and web11. When I add up the 250mb with the 2.2gb of web11, it adds up to the repquota total.
    ....

    And the end of the day, some idiot had the web/ directory for web11 chown'ed as web1 being the owner.

    Fixed. I'm a moron.
     

Share This Page