Apache2 parking alias to vhosts

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by erosbk, Jun 6, 2011.

1. erosbk

erosbk New Member

I tried to add a file in /etc/apache2/conf/parking.mydomain.com.ar.conf

content:

Alias /parkingmydomain /var/www/clients/client1/web1

But I get an access denied...

i want to make a "parking" alias, so, when I have a new client and domain is NOT yet pointing to my dns, the user can see how his site will work (using www.myenterprisename.com.ar/parkingclient1

How can I do it to work? www.myenterprisename.com.ar is using fastcgi with suexec.

Regards

2. till

till Super Moderator

Such a alias will not work as every website runs under ist own Linux user, thats why we did not implement it in ISPConfig. If you want your client to be able to access a site before the domain is registered, you can either add a subdomain to this website of a already registered domain or your client can set his domain in hosts hosts file:

http://www.faqforge.com/linux/contr...ess-a-namebased-website-without-a-dns-record/

3. erosbk

erosbk New Member

Right now, I can't make every client change his hosts file (it is not the best solution...).

How can I use subdomains for this?

my current active and fully working website: www.tecatest.com.ar

client site: www.alte.com.ar (no yet registered in nic.ar)

Path to client site: /var/www/alte.com.ar/
    where www and alte.com.ar are symlinks.

Thank you very much!

4. till

till Super Moderator

Add a wildcard dns record for tecatest.com.ar that points to your server. Then add a aliasdomain alte.tecatest.com.ar to the website alte.com.ar and your customer can access his website with alte.tecatest.com.ar

5. erosbk

erosbk New Member

It works, thanks till!