Apache User?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Nilpo, Aug 25, 2014.

  1. Nilpo

    Nilpo Member HowtoForge Supporter

    I've set up a webhook for GitHub on one of my domains. It was working just fine until it it stopped and started generating a permission error. After investigating, I figured out what was happening. When I began, php files were being executed by the "web31" user, the owner of that domain. Now they are being executed by the "apache" user, which obviously does not have ownership of the files in the web root. I have not changed any server settings. Why has this changed?
  2. Nilpo

    Nilpo Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Sorry, I found where another user had switched from Fast-CGI to PHP-FPM.

    However, I do have one more lingering issue that I can't explain. It may well be unrelated but it started at the same time.

    I'm getting the following error from PDO:

    Failed to connect to the database: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    But I am definitely NOT connecting with a root user. My connection string is perfect and unchanged since it was working. I've verified via PhpMyAdmin that the user/password I am using is working and that the database is accessible. This one is driving me crazy. The issue only exists on this (sub)domain. Other clients do not have this issue, and other sites under this client do not have this issue.
  3. till

    till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

    Check that suexec is enabled in that website.

    maybe yone of your scripts uses a mysql funktion like mysql_real_escape_string() or a similar function at a time where the mysql connection has not been made and therefor php tries to connect to mysql with the defaul values which are root without a password.
  4. Nilpo

    Nilpo Member HowtoForge Supporter

    Close! I found a missing closing parenthesis on a function call that wasn't causing a 500 error! It was causing PHP to skip over an include statement where the DB constants are loaded. Essentially, the DSN string was loading empty values and defaulting to root. It's the first time I've ever had a script not fail for a missing parenthesis around a function call.

Share This Page