Any extra action for openvz?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ozgurerdogan, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ozgurerdogan

ozgurerdogan New Member

I installed ISPConfig as per The Perfect Server - Debian Wheezy (Apache2, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3) on OpenVz. But I see some other guides for openvz installation which does not seem to be much different.

So do you know if I should take extra steps after installing as per usual guide with above link because I am using on Openvz?

Only thing I had to do is to disabled firewall.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are differentguides as you can not use openvz on a server that was installed with the perfect setup guide. The reason fo that is that openvz kernel and Linux quota can not be intalled togehter, so you can eithet host websites or have openvz containers on a server, but not both at the same time.

If you want to use openvz, then you would normally use the openvz setup guide to install your server, then craete a vm and install your hosting setup (with ispconfig as a slave or standalone controlpanel) in that vm.

3. ozgurerdogan

ozgurerdogan New Member

I normally use KVM not openvz. But to test ISPConfig, I simply created a debian based OpenVz and followed The Perfect Server - Debian Wheezy and disabled firewall. So far everything is good.

Then I found some guide to install ISPConfig for Openvz. So asking if I missed something important.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The petfect server guide i j correct guide to install ispconfig in a openvz vm. If you want to manage openvz vms in ispconfig, then use the openvz guide from ispconfig.org. But you can not mix them, if you mix them, then either quota will fail or openvz will fail.