Amavis Socket Error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by sunghost, Jul 27, 2016.

1. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    i have installed on Jessie ISPConfig 3.1 after Howto and see now in mail.log these:
    Any Idea?
    thx

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member

Sounds like clamd is not running. Try 'service clamav-daemon start' .. if it won't start for some reason, check the errors/logs messages.

3. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    checked and found this error:
    - ERROR: Parse error at line 90: Unknown option AllowSupplementaryGroups
    - ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /etc/clamav/clamd.conf
    The option mentioned is not in my 2 testserver and i didnt add this line, but i tried never to send mails. any idea?

edit: compared to old running server without ispc, its also in the config and true, but running - permission problem?
    edit: some info under monitor and service would be nice :)
    edit: could be this bug "https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=826406" or?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. Jesse Norell

Yes, that's the bug you're hitting; just comment out the AllowSupplementaryGroups line.

5. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    ok thats what i found too, but on the 2 testsystems its not comment out and clamd is running. how do you explain that? And did i understand the bug report right and it will be outcommented in future? What is that option for? As far as i understand, with this option clamav can read all files and not only from own group... could it be an problem if i commended out?

edit: found same problem and answer in german ispconfig forum too - i think its solve for me, but as a feature request i whould wish, that this is commended out in the howto and under monitor and service it would show status of amavis :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  6. Jesse Norell

They would be running older versions of clamd, where that option was supported.

The bug report says the solution is to just ignore that old option:
    File a feature request at https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues

7. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    no they have the same version. The 2 Testsystems setup like the new Prodsys and i compared the versions, all the same ?! Ok i looked again into amavis.conf and on the testsystems its not included. One thing i now remember is: On Prodsystem i forged to install MPP like in the howto. I do the steps in the howto afterwards and run update.php from ispc. perhaps this sets the wrong option again?! can you check that?

8. Jesse Norell

A quick grep doesn't find it, so I'd guess it does not:
    Code:
    [email protected]:~# grep -R AllowSupplementaryGroups /usr/local/ispconfig
    [email protected]:~#
    Also anecdotally, I've been installing git-stable updates frequently here and haven't run into that.

9. sunghost

sunghost Member

Hi,
    i have no results too. Ok strange, but i think solved. Many thx for your fast help.