Alias for subdomain and issues with server state monitors

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by masa2, Jul 9, 2012.

1. masa2

masa2 New Member

Hello.

I have a few problems with ISPConfig 3:

1. I have a website "subdomain.website.com" and i would like it to be same as format "www.website.com/sub". Is this possible to configure from ISPConfig?

I found this website: http://docs.ispconfig.org/creating-web-sites/alias-web-domains/ but I'm not sure of it and don't want to mess things up.

2. When I go to the monitor tab and I would like to see information about server state.

For example CPU Info I get this message:
    This happens with other monitors too. Sometimes I see the info I want and sometimes I only get that message below. So it seems to be very random. Any solutions for this?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. till

till Super Moderator HowtoForge Supporter

1) Sure, add a redirect path.
    2) Which Linux distribution do you use?

3. masa2

masa2 New Member

1. So redirect path is the "/sub/". What about redirect type. No flag, R, L or R,L?

2. I have virtualized CentOS 5.6

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  4. masa2

masa2 New Member

How about the 1. problem other way around?

I have a website "www.website.com/example" and I would like it to be same as "sub.domain.com". Can I do this the same way?

Also is it possible that when I go with my browser to the www.website.com/example. The site is alias to that "sub.domain.com" BUT the browser shows that website address as www.website.com/example.
    So address is always what www.website.com/example but in reality it is that sub.domain.com. It just does not show that address?

I'm sorry if that is hard to understand. English is not my first language :)

Thanks!