Administration multiple domains under one user

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Zac, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Zac

Zac New Member

I have been using ISPConfig 3, couple of months, very successful. But I have couple of questions:

1) Currently I have separate username and password to administer each domain, for over 100 websites and subdomains. Can I have one user/admin who can administer all domains?

2) Is it possible to change database that ISPConfig using, because I want to transfer database to dedicated DB server. If this is possible, can you tell me which config file (path) is panel using for this.

3) Is it possible to use some other ftp daemon, currently is PureFTPD installed. I've tried replacing with vsftpd and it seems to break ispconfig's account creation process.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Are you talking about a ispconfig login or a ftp login? You can administer as many websites as you like under one ispconfig login (client). But each website has its own ftp user, tht is required as ach website runs under a different linux system user for security reasons, so you cant access the content from one site with the ftp user of another site. if that would be possible, then a hacker that was able to gain access to one of your sites would be able to do the same and hack all other sites.

2) Yes. The database logn details are in the files /usr/local/ispconfg/server/lib/, /usr/local/ispconfg/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf and /usr/local/ispconfg/interface/lib/

3) No.
  3. Zac

Zac New Member

Thank you Till. You helped me with the answers.