Admin Panel SSL won't start

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kextra1, Apr 23, 2014.

1. kextra1

kextra1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I installed a new RapidSSL certificate just like i have since 2009 & this time ISPConfig says it's up in running but fails to load... apachectl startssl won't work.

Any idea how to get the admin panel up again? I tried replacing the old server.crt back for https://mydomain:81 to work and it didn't.

Kind of stuck any help with openssl & the admin panel not loading is greatly appreciated.
  2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Please paste the apache log files.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely a ssl cert / key mismatch or a broken ssl cert. Which ISPConfig version do you use, ispconfig 2 or 3 (I just asked because you use port 81 which is the default port for ispconfig 2).
  4. kextra1

kextra1 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 2

Hey Till buddy, ltns man. I'm using ISPconfig 2....and yes I believe that is the problem.

I buy it through enom & they get it through rapidssl via namecheap i believe so they keep changing the cert generation requirements which made me mess it up I think. I've had it for the last 4 years with no problem the last 3, this year it's foobar. I lack of knowledge on the subject.

Any help on regenerating the certificate correctly all-in-all so I can re-submit the CSR correctly would be appreciated Till.

P.S. It could be OpenSSL version "o" maybe? I don't know...perhaps I've been compromised, I doubt it but I think its a mismatch like you said. Most likely caused by the format ENOM used to get certs via which requires an email address they tell u not to use on the site. Before all I had to do was the tutorial i wrote now i have to regenerate everything I think & am too much a dummy to figure it out.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014