Additional applications

Discussion in 'General' started by Gordon Fielden, May 22, 2018.

1. Gordon Fielden

Gordon Fielden New Member

Hi Guy's,

Quick question, in the list of available applications has an Ecommerce called "prestashop", one of our customers tried the auto install from the ispconfig install package list, installed fine, you setup the admin & database password as normal, but thats it, you do not see the dialog from setting up the admin login to the site. Is this an error, or is there a log somewhere of the credentials to access the site admin section hidden, when install via the confit panel in ipsconfig

Thx G

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These are APS packages which normally install software automatically without the use of the web installer of the app. But prestashop is a complex application so it might be that the APS package fails, not all of them are fully working. I would install prestashop as usual in the web from source without using the APS installer.

3. Gordon Fielden

Gordon Fielden New Member

Ok thank's, that's pretty much what we've said, is there a list of packages that are known to have issues installing via the ASP installer ? so we are able to advice folks not to use ? Thank's

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't have such a list, but it might be useful to build such a list up so we can start blacklisting non-working packages. The problem might be that a packages might work in version x but not in y but in z again. You can exclude packages from being shown to your clients by clicking on the Available 'yes' in the list of packages.

5. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

some packages are outdated or went commercial thus are listed but not installable anymore. don't know about presto but keeping track of packages would cost time, time is money and money is something the ASP maintainer wants to keep .... or can't handle ;)
    at least one of the partners is very well known to suck very hard regarding beeing up2date and deliver security updates ... just check the contact page "cofounded 2008" ....

:D