Adding PHP Extensions...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rgareh, Sep 12, 2011.

1. rgareh

rgareh New Member

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I've tried to find out how to do this but i've just got myself a bit confused due to the various different panels out there resulting in their own paths etc.

Some time ago I followed [URL="http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-lenny-debian-5.0-with-bind-and-dovecot-ispconfig-3"perfect-server-debian-lenny-debian-5.0-with-bind-and-dovecot-ispconfig-3[/URL]. The server has been fantastic and relatively maintenance free (touch wood).

I'm trying to add the exif extension to php. I suppose, my question is how do I add such extensions? Is there a list somewhere I can refer to with available extensions? would there be any harm in adding them all?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Rob

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can get a list with this command on the shell:

Code:
    apt-cache search php | grep php5-
    Regarding the exif extension, exif is already loaded by default, so no need to install it separately. You can check this with the phpinfo() function from php.

I wont say that it harms, but more extensions make the php processes larger which makes php potentially slower and causes your server processes to use more ram.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  3. rgareh

rgareh New Member

That's awesome... thanks.

So how would I go about adding one of the extensions out of interest?

Thanks again,
    Rob

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Just install them like any software package with apt. e.g.

apt-get install php5-imap