Adding new server to ispconfig3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ginner159, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ginner159

ginner159 HowtoForge Supporter

Hello

Ive been contemplating getting another vps from my host to use it as a minecraft server host.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add that server to my ispconfig setup.
    Im thinking of having it as follows:

ISPConfig Server: Hosting Apache,mysql,emails,dns (everything a single erver setup does) used to create user accounts on minecraft server so can still be all configured from one server (in case i add even more servers later)

Minecraft Server: Connect to ispconfig server mysql and run the game

any help would be great!

2. till

till Super Moderator

Not qute sure if I understand you correctly, you want to configure minecraft from within ispconfig? In that case you would have to develop a minecraft module and server plugin for ispconfig.

If you just want to control serveral hosting, mail or dns servers from one ispconfig master, then take a look at the multiserver guides:

http://www.howtoforge.com/multiserv...se-servers-on-debian-squeeze-with-ispconfig-3

3. ginner159

ginner159 HowtoForge Supporter

Brilliant!

Now why couldnt i find that :D

Unfortunatly im not a programmer at heart i learn what is needed to do what i want then kinda forget it in 6 months :( otherwise i would

To clarify what i ment, i was wanting the host server to setup user accounts on the game server so they had a storage space say for a website plus the game files and have the game server use the mysql databse on the host.

That way i can let them create dns, ftp ect from the ispconfig master.

i think that guide is what i need

Cheers!