Accelerate startup of ISPConfig 3 login page

Discussion in 'General' started by concept21, Jul 26, 2012.

1. concept21

concept21 Member

Dear all ISPConfig 3 users,
    First of all, my ISPConfig 3 setup is so beautiful. Thanks to ALL contributors.

I found that ISPConfig 3 login page loads very slowly. It took at least 5 seconds from clicking the url to fully load the login page, that is:
    https://ip:8080/

Is there any method that can accelerate this login page loading? I have tried Alternative Php Cache, but it doesn't work on my suphp site. APC even cannot accelerate ispconfig 3 (I checked its cache content by apc.php file)

Then, if I only want to accelerate the main ISPConfig 3 program, how do I make APC work for it? Can you think of other method?

Faithfully. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  2. concept21

concept21 Member

More information about my ispconfig3 server:
    Xen vm with more than 800MB RAM, clamav is not loaded, only 1 website active. So I think, RAM is quite enough.

3. till

till Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

The page loads fast on all of my servers, so it must be a config problem on your server. Check the logs for errors and ensure that the hostname of the server can be resolved quickly.

If you want to use a php cache, then better use xcache. apc cases problems more often.

4. concept21

concept21 Member

Hello Till,
    Can xcache accelerate the core program of ISPConfig 3 (not include the addon web sites later)? What is the required security level?

Faithfully.

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

It accelerates the ISPConfig web interface, but not the backend processes.

6. concept21

concept21 Member

Yes, delay time is shorter after I have installed the php5-xcache. Thank You Falko. :)