500 internal server error for PHP docs in ubuntu 12.04+ISPConfig3

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by arvindikchari, Oct 12, 2012.

1. arvindikchari

arvindikchari New Member

Hello

I created a subdomain "sd.domain.com" using Add New Website button.

However while HTML files are being shown, for PHP files a message "500 Internal Server Error" is being shown.

I am using the latest stable version of ISPConfig 3 on a Ubuntu 12.04 VPS.

In the apache logs only multiple messages conveying same info- that "favicon.ico" is missing are there-- now I have uploaded that as well-- however there is no other message in apache logs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Arvind.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

Did you check if there's a syntax error in your PHP script?

Does this simple file work?

PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>

3. arvindikchari

arvindikchari New Member

Yes the simple php file works but there is another problem

Hi

I uploaded the simple PHP file you had provided-- and it works perfectly.

Later I checked and saw that the script which is giving 500 error requires Ioncube loader.

I copied the Ioncube files to the web folder, and when I ran the ioncube installer it gives an error that "Open_Basedir restriction is in effect"

Please let me know how to resolve this-- also this same problem will be there for a few more domains where I have to install the same Ioncube encoded script.

Regards,
    Arvind.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff Moderator HowtoForge Supporter ISPConfig Developer

You must add all needed directories to the open_basedir field on the Options tab of that website in ISPConfig.