403 Forbidden error in ISPConfig 3

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dublekay, Aug 8, 2012.

1. dublekay

dublekay New Member

Hi Guys

I've been using ISPConfig on several servers for a while now without issue.

I have jsut installed it (twice) on a customers VPS running in an OpenVZ container (Solus VM system) and when I try to access the ISPCOnfig interface on port 8080 I get a

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

error.

The OS is Debian 6, and im using Apache2 as the web server.

All the permissions look exactly the same as other installations, so im *guessing* it has some weird issue with SETUID permissions because of OpenVZ or something?

Does anyone have any pointers as to where I can look? There is nothing useful in the apache error logs either, just a repetition of the error displayed in the browser.

Thanks for any assistance!

Mike

2. till

till Super Moderator

Openvz should not cause any problems. Plesae take a look at the apache error.log file if there is a more verbose error message.

3. dublekay

dublekay New Member

Hi Till,

Thanks for the reply.

The apache logs show nothing of any use.

[Fri Aug 10 00:40:54 2012] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] (13)Permission denied: access to / denied

I've used ISPConfig 3 on so many servers without hassle, and this one has me beat right now.

4. dublekay

dublekay New Member

UPDATE: Solved. The VPS Master was storing its containers in a NFS share that was messing with the permissions.

Remounted the same location using iSCSI and all is now good.

5. DiMoNd

DiMoNd New Member

Permission, ssh problems

Hi.

I have just installed a debian server with ispconfig following this guide: "The Perfect Server - Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) With BIND & Courier [ISPConfig 3]" and everything works ok but two things..

i) When I log into ispconfig panel under a user account, I create and add a website I then get "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /xxxxxxxxx.com on this server."

This happens with every single website I add on my server. The only way I can fix this is go into "/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/100-xxxxxxxxx.com.vhost" and change the "<Directory /var/www/xxxxxxxx.com>
    AllowOverride None
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    </Directory>"

to "<Directory /var/www/xxxxxxxxx.com>
    AllowOverride None
    Order Deny,Allow
    Allow from all
    </Directory>"

Only then I can see the website.

ii) When I add a ssh user(on ispconfig) I want this user to NOT be able to go to "/etc/..." .

Thank you!

6. till

till Super Moderator

1) How did you try to access the site? Sites can be accessed by domain name only or by IP address if a site has a dedicated IP. What does not work is something like http://192.168.0.10/mydomain.com/web/

2) Enable chrooting in the client settings. And donz mix up the /etc directory that you see as chrooted user with the /etc directory of the server, these are not the same!

7. DiMoNd

DiMoNd New Member

1) I do not have a domain name configured yet. I use a public IP address but the server gets an internal IP address (192.168.1.4) with ports 80, 22 etc. forwarded. So when I write http://192.168.0.10/mydomain.com/web/ or http://213.xxx.xxx.xxx/mydomain.com/web/ I get the 403 error.

2) I guess then everything is ok with chrooting. You are right, it is not the same /etc directory as server's.

8. till

till Super Moderator

9. DiMoNd

DiMoNd New Member

Yeah!!!

Thanks a lot!

Now everything is working perfect!