3.0.0.9 rc2 install problem on debian 5

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by stanlee, Feb 20, 2009.

1. stanlee

stanlee New Member

Okay, did install of ispconfig on fresh debian lenny.

I followed the debian 5 instructions included with ispconfig, ommiting the mydns compilation/installation (i dont need dns).

ISPconfig control panel appears to be working fine, but heres my problem:

1) when I add a domain, with auto www subdomain, it doesnt create any vhosts that I can see anywhere in /etc/apache2/.

Also, I dont have any /var/client* directories at all.

2) when I create an ftp user all goes well, except when I log in with it I get password rejected.

I looked in /var/log/ispconfig/ but couldnt see anything relevant.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator

Take a llok at the job queue in the monitor module, are there any pending jobs?

3. stanlee

stanlee New Member

Yes, Ive pasted it below:

Code:
    2009-02-20 17:42  	(fully qualified server name)         	Update  	server  	
    2009-02-20 17:41 	(fully qualified server name)          	Update 	web_domain 	
    2009-02-20 17:41 	(fully qualified server name)         	Update 	web_domain 	
    2009-02-20 17:40 	(fully qualified server name)          	Insert 	web_domain 	
    2009-02-20 17:40 	(fully qualified server name)         	Update 	web_domain 	
    2009-02-20 17:34 	(fully qualified server name)          	Update 	ftp_user 	
    2009-02-20 17:32 	(fully qualified server name)          	Update 	ftp_user 	
    2009-02-20 17:15 	(fully qualified server name)          	Insert 	ftp_user 	
    2009-02-20 17:15 	(fully qualified server name)          	Insert 	web_domain

4. till

till Super Moderator

Ok, this means that the server part of your installation is not workin. Please post the output of the following command run as root:

crontab -l

5. stanlee

stanlee New Member

output of crontab -l

Code:
    * * * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log
    30 00 * * * /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron_daily.sh > /dev/null 2>> /var/log/ispconfig/cron.log

6. till

till Super Moderator

Please run the following command as root on the shell and post the output you get:

/usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh

7. stanlee

stanlee New Member

output of /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/suhosin.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/suhosin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    finished.

I then did an 'apt-get install php5-suhosin' which fixed the dependency above (I guess I must have missed it in the installation instructions).

Job Queue in monitor is now empty, all the apache vhosts files have been created, and /var/clients/* now exists.

In short, its all working now :D

Is there a donation link for the project so I can say thanks?

8. till

till Super Moderator

There is no donation link on ispconfig.orh. If you like to support the further ispconfig development you might consider to become a howtoforge subscriber as howtoforge is sponsoring the ispconfig development and the poeple who run howtoforge are the same that develop ispconfig.