Mandriva Directory Server On Debian Etch - Page 7
20 The Client Side
I've tested this with Windows XP Pro SP2 - but it should also work with other Windows versions.
- Be sure that no other DHCP server than the one on the server is running
- Start Windows and log in as local administrator
- Configure your network connection to use DHCP
- Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
- Switch to the tab "Computer Name" and click on "Change"
- Insert a desired computer name, mark the radio button "Domain" and enter "EXAMPLE" (without the quotes!)
- Click on "OK" to take the changes effect
- A few moments later you'll be asked for a username and password. Use the domain administrator account that you created at step 5.2 (e.g.: Username "Administrator" with the password "howtoforge") and click on "OK"
- If all went ok, you'll get a welcome message
- Restart the system
21 Some Notes...
|Please do not use the comment function to ask for help! If you need help, please use our forum.|
Comments will be published after administrator approval.