Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 19th February 2007, 08:37

Send a message via MSN to danf.1979

Hi,
I use spaces, but I can configure gedit to 'show' two spaces per tab (using tabs), so It really doesn't matter to me. What ever fits you guys.

For Till:
Today I started to work on the frames/css/template modifications. I have to do a lot of changes though. I think it would be a good idea to create a branch for me so I can play with this stuff without bothering other devs.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Old 19th February 2007, 18:52
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,268 Times in 4,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf.1979
Today I started to work on the frames/css/template modifications. I have to do a lot of changes though. I think it would be a good idea to create a branch for me so I can play with this stuff without bothering other devs.
I will fix some things in the postfix library today and tomorrow that shall be part of your branch too to enable you to test the interface with a fully functional backend. The interface is not involved in my changes.

I will make your branch now and merge my changes later. The SVN URL of the branch is:

svn://ensignweb4.de/ispconfig/branches/ISPConfig-2.3_redesign

Do you plan to make any mockup's of the design first? It would enable us to discuss the details of the redesign better.

Do you plan to use Ajax for the tree menu and loading of forms / tabs?
Old 19th February 2007, 19:33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
The files are currently splitted per module. In my opinion they are not too big yet and the interface is loading fine. I'am not sure if its worth to put the work in splitting them in smaller parts. Anyone else has a thought on this?
My idea is in fact the oppossite. A centralized language repository. Maybe a common file for common definitions. And then split them by user type (admin, reseller, client), or modules like is right now. Same centralized place for all files. Like the centralized location for error pages, just like that. It would make the translation process a lot easier to do. Anyone could do it. Think about it, right now people must read a tutorial to translate files. I have done translations myself, and it is a real nigthmare to do so.
What about writing a simple online editor for changing the language files instead of changing the current structure? The files are easy to parse or better, PHP pases the file for us. In the edito you can either select to modify a existing language or create a new language based on another definition, the editor shows you then the editable part side by side with the new text in a text field. So the normal user is enabled to change the language files without needing to know where to find them. It wil also help to prevent syntax error in the language files.
Old 25th February 2007, 02:33

Send a message via MSN to danf.1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
I will fix some things in the postfix library today and tomorrow that shall be part of your branch too to enable you to test the interface with a fully functional backend. The interface is not involved in my changes.

I will make your branch now and merge my changes later. The SVN URL of the branch is:

svn://ensignweb4.de/ispconfig/branches/ISPConfig-2.3_redesign

Do you plan to make any mockup's of the design first? It would enable us to discuss the details of the redesign better.

Do you plan to use Ajax for the tree menu and loading of forms / tabs?
Hi Till:
I'll probably do a prototype right a way. I'll let you guys know when I have something done. About the translations, it would be excelent.
Old 28th February 2007, 20:25

Till, could you please explain an idea on mod_python more clear? Is this supposed to allow client use any python application out of the box?

Last edited by GSMD; 10th June 2007 at 20:38.
Old 10th June 2007, 20:39

Any news on mod_python?
Old 10th June 2007, 22:38
Super Moderator

As far as I know, there is currently nobody working in the mod_python integration.