Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:25
vincentthe vincentthe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Mail forwarding to gmail inconsistent

Hi,

I have quite a strange problem on my hands. Several mail addresses are setup to forward to ...@gmail.com (and keep a copy).

Somehow some messages are being forwarded but the majority is not. All mail does arrive in the mailbox, so I think the problem should reside on our server.

Any pointers at all on how to trace the problem?

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:38
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,457
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts
Default

Mail is forwarded by a procmail recipe which is in the user home folder, I guess there is the best point to start debugging. Any errors in your mail log?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:59
vincentthe vincentthe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I can't find any errors in /var/log/mail.err relating to procmail.

Is there a specific procmail recipe for forwards?

I see the following files in /var/www/<...>/user/<username> (ls -al)
.antivirus.rc
.autoresponder.rc
.html-trap.rc
.local-rules.rc
.mailsize.rc
.quota.rc
.spamassassin.rc
.user_prefs
.vacation.msg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 3rd January 2007, 09:32
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,457
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts
Default

Which ISPConfig version do you have installed?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 3rd January 2007, 11:01
vincentthe vincentthe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ISPConfig
Version: 2.2.7
(c) ISPConfig 2007
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:44
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,726 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentthe
Is there a specific procmail recipe for forwards?
The forwarding is done by the .forward file in the user's homedir, so procmail isn't even called.

What's in your mail log when you send a mail to a user that has his mails forwarded to Gmail?
Also, please check if your server got blacklisted: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:52
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,457
Thanks: 813
Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
The forwarding is done by the .forward file in the user's homedir, so procmail isn't even called.
Falko is right for your version. The latest dev versions are using procmail instead.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 5th January 2007, 11:18
vincentthe vincentthe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

contents of the .forward
"|/usr/bin/procmail -f-", kkresten@gmail.com

settings in the webpanel
keep copy
forward to kkresten@gmail.com

Mail log contents
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/local[22703]: D1CCE27583EC: to=<ds2_w29_kresten@ds2.tt-hosting.nl>, orig_to=<2007@kresten.nl>, relay=local, delay=5, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/cleanup[22702]: 73DB227583ED: message-id=<003a01c730ac$8f097ba0$6801a8c0@LaptopMartin>
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/qmgr[10026]: 73DB227583ED: from=<m.wassink-10@student.utwente.nl>, size=6746, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/local[22703]: D1CCE27583EC: to=<ds2_w29_kresten@ds2.tt-hosting.nl>, orig_to=<2007@kresten.nl>, relay=local, delay=5, status=sent (forwarded as 73DB227583ED)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/qmgr[10026]: D1CCE27583EC: removed
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/smtp[22673]: 73DB227583ED: to=<kkresten@gmail.com>, orig_to=<2007@kresten.nl>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[66.249.93.114], delay=0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1167989623 39si29433033ugb)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/qmgr[10026]: 73DB227583ED: removed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 6th January 2007, 15:15
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,726 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentthe
contents of the .forward
"|/usr/bin/procmail -f-", kkresten@gmail.com

settings in the webpanel
keep copy
forward to kkresten@gmail.com
These settings are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentthe
Mail log contents
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/local[22703]: D1CCE27583EC: to=<ds2_w29_kresten@ds2.tt-hosting.nl>, orig_to=<2007@kresten.nl>, relay=local, delay=5, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/cleanup[22702]: 73DB227583ED: message-id=<003a01c730ac$8f097ba0$6801a8c0@LaptopMartin>
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/qmgr[10026]: 73DB227583ED: from=<m.wassink-10@student.utwente.nl>, size=6746, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/local[22703]: D1CCE27583EC: to=<ds2_w29_kresten@ds2.tt-hosting.nl>, orig_to=<2007@kresten.nl>, relay=local, delay=5, status=sent (forwarded as 73DB227583ED)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/qmgr[10026]: D1CCE27583EC: removed
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/smtp[22673]: 73DB227583ED: to=<kkresten@gmail.com>, orig_to=<2007@kresten.nl>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[66.249.93.114], delay=0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1167989623 39si29433033ugb)
Jan 5 10:33:55 ds2 postfix/qmgr[10026]: 73DB227583ED: removed
I don't see a problem in this log excerpt.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 7th January 2007, 01:28
vincentthe vincentthe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

I couldn't find anything either, it seems though that the problems are disappearing and that more and more (old) messages are getting through. Maybe it's a gmail filter that's in the way.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not receiving any incoming mail. Jcorrea920 General 11 3rd April 2010 13:08
mail for aol.com loops back to myself CODAC Installation/Configuration 15 7th October 2009 14:36
External mail server with gmail MX service adrenalinic Installation/Configuration 20 24th April 2007 14:49
Core 4: Error Messages on Fresh Install re CTX/SSL jjw Installation/Configuration 30 6th September 2006 12:16
Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAs ebbay Installation/Configuration 9 4th March 2006 11:47


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.