Old 4th January 2007, 12:34

Default SSL Certificates

First of all big thanks for this software. It really eases up the implementation of a web- and emailserver.

Following another thread on this forum, I was able to create new self signed certificates for courier-imap and courier-pop.
I then configured my clients to use IMAP over SSL, port 993 and to use SMTP with TLS, port 25.
If I connect with Thunderbird, I can install the certificate and never be bothered with it again.
If I connect with Outlook however, I never get this option to install the certificate. And everytime I receive this dialog box, asking whether I want to continue using this server because of an untrusted certificate.

Simplest solution would be to migrate to Thunderbird. But my users are very accustomed to Outlook. In other words, is there a way to install the certificates in Outlook?

Big thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 4th January 2007, 13:06

Send a message via MSN to martinfst Send a message via Skype™ to martinfst

Yes, you can import your own certificate.

The procedure is:

Save the X.509 cert to a text file (the one you created from the test CA I guess), name it something.cer, and copy it to the windows box and double-clicking on it. If all goes well, you should see the certificate, if so, click "Install Certificate", override the defaults (don't let it automatically choose where to put it) and install it in your root certificate store. Outlook should hopefully then stop complaining. One way to test is to copy the server certificate over and check the "Certificate Path" tab to see if everything checks out.