Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th January 2007, 15:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,722 Times in 2,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyse
OK falko, check it..

I got it all working, now im trying to edit the database using mysql.

it gives me the same error for editing domains as users but I have users to copy/paste, so here it is:

mysql> INSERT INTO 'users' ('email', 'password', 'quota') VALUES ('kyse@kyse.us', ENCRYPT('blah'), 10485760);
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''users' ('email', 'password', 'quota') VALUES ('kyse@kyse.us', ENCRYPT('blah' at line 1
mysql>

Any ideas? :P
The correct syntax is

Code:
INSERT INTO users (email, password, quota) VALUES ('kyse@kyse.us', ENCRYPT('blah'), 10485760);
Quote:
I can send and receive email to and from the one account I craeted in the databases now. kyse@kyse.us. However if I try to send an email to internal user accounts on the mail server, such as root@kyse.us or external email addresses such as kyse@cox.net, I get undeliverable return messages back to outlook.
What's in your mail log when this happens?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Sponsored Links
Old 4th January 2007, 17:12

Send a message via AIM to Kyse

The very first email to cox.net didn't make it, but all the rest of them did, so thats ok. Apparently I need to get my ip address on a whitelist for verizon.net :/

So, how can I set this up to receive my cox.net email from the cox web server?

kyse@kyse.us
Inbox
Outbox
Trash
kyse@cox.net
Inbox
Outbox
Trash

make it where when I compose, I can choose which email address I want to send from (ie if I pick kyse@cox.net it sends via the cox.net smtp server).

Too complicated or doable? hehe.
Old 5th January 2007, 02:43

I can send/receive emails just fine from within the router config. From outside the routers network, I can connect/log to incoming and outgoing ports/server, however outlook says sending a test email failed. Any ideas as to why?
Old 5th January 2007, 15:30
Super Moderator

Quote:
I can send/receive emails just fine from within the router config. From outside the routers network, I can connect/log to incoming and outgoing ports/server, however outlook says sending a test email failed. Any ideas as to why?
What's the exact error message in Outlook? What's in your mail log when this happens?

Old 5th January 2007, 17:00

I think what it is is, cox just like verizon wont allow sending mail unless you are using their smtp server? Anyways, I think I can get around that by having outlook use the isp smtp server to send the test email. Hopefully verizon will whitelist my domain sooner than later.

I setup squirrelmail last night, works great with your setup. One thing I noticed is it's folder handling abilities isn't as good as I'd like.
If you have a folder named Online Transactions, it dosn't work because looking for a directory Online Transactions causes it to find /Online/ which dosn't exist. In addition the created directories are not supported as far as the new mail notification and quota plugins are concerned. I'm sure the code can be edited for such purposes, but I am not that fimilar with php yet. Yea YET! :P
Old 6th January 2007, 15:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think what it is is, cox just like verizon wont allow sending mail unless you are using their smtp server? Anyways, I think I can get around that by having outlook use the isp smtp server to send the test email. Hopefully verizon will whitelist my domain sooner than later.
If your ISP is blocking port 25, you can have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...ight=relayhost