Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st December 2006, 17:37

any ideas how to fix it? i can give you FTP access?
Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored Links
Old 31st December 2006, 17:45

I do have some ideas but I can't really spare the time.

What I can do however is help walk you through trouble shooting and fixing the problem yourself although at this point, it is no longer really a ISPConfig problem but instead, a phpbb/safemode problem.

And, since you already have this thread going here, I could help you trouble-shoot the problem in this thread although to be honest, I think you might be able to get more experienced help by going to the phpbb forums.

That's not to say I am not willing to help you but instead, they could probably help you better than I.

But, it's your choice, me try to help or you see what you can find at the phpbb forums.
Old 31st December 2006, 17:46

well, if you got some ideas then tell me otherwise ill head over to the phpbb forums,
Thanks for your help!
Old 31st December 2006, 17:55

I have some ideas but I think you should head over there anyway.

But, my idea is that you could look in index.php and try to find out what it uses from the /php5/ and /php5/PEAR directories. It is possible that there is actually nothing used and you could safely get rid of the "include" and it still work.

On the other hand, it may actually need something from there but give you a different error, i.e. something that should be defined, a function or a variable, actually not being defined in which case it is likely a function or variable defined in some file in either /php5/ or /php/PEAR.

But, by at least getting past the "include/safemode" error you might then move on to a new error that might then tell you what in those included directories are needed.

Make sense?

If I am not making sense, it is because it is just after midnight here and I've had some Champaine to drink so I could blame it on that.

Happy New Year, by the way.

Last edited by Craig; 31st December 2006 at 17:57.