Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th December 2006, 20:39

Default Debian 3.1 & ISPConfig, perfect setup, but redirected to apache2-default

I have followed the guide for perfect setup with Debian Sarge 3.1. But when I add sites in ISPConfig, they point to 'apache2-default', not the userdirectory which is being created.

Since I am a newbie in Linux (sorry), I don't know how to fix this. But I have an idea on what might be a reason for this problem:

My ISP gives me a /29 subnet, so I have 5 available public static IP's. I used one of these IP's when installing, instead of a local subnet address like in the guide (192.168.0.100 or whatever).

Could this be the problem?
Sponsored Links
Old 29th December 2006, 20:43

Which settings do you have within ISPConfig under Management > Server > Settings ?

MrHostman | Master in managed hosting
Old 29th December 2006, 20:50

Server Name: Server 1

Hostname: www
Domain: 80.200.100.36
IP Address: 80.200.100.36
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Admin Email: root@localhost

IP List:
Old 29th December 2006, 21:05

You can change it into:

Server Name: Server 1

Hostname: www
Domain: yourdomain.com *
IP Address: 80.200.100.36
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Admin Email: username@mydomain.com **

* = your domain name of your server.
For example, if your full qualified domain name is: server1.mydomain.com, you should use here: yourdomain.com
Make sure that the mentioned IP Address belongs to that domain name.

** = you can change this into the emailaddress of the ISPConfig system administrator. (root@localhost is the default emailaddress within this field of ISPConfig).

Within the IP List, you can add the IP-addresses which you've received from your provider. This is uselful, if a domain needs its own IP-address.

I think these tips are useful to you as you have more than one IP available, however, i do not think that this will solve your problem.

MrHostman | Master in managed hosting

Last edited by Hans; 30th December 2006 at 11:53.
Old 30th December 2006, 10:49

No, you where right - it didn't solve any problems. But I figured it out. My domain names where pointed to one of my other IP addresses, so I changed the IP address of my Debian box. From *36 to *34. But it wasn't enough to change the /etc/network/interfaces file. I deleted all my entries in the ISPConfig controlpanel, and added them again. It works

But, there's still problems: When I try to access my https://www.domain.dom:81/mailuser, I can see that I am being redirected to that original *36 address. And I can not find where this should be changed! Ideas?
Old 30th December 2006, 11:36
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,385 Times in 4,231 Posts

It would have been enough if you selected the new IP address for the websites in ISPConfig and save them.

Quote:
But, there's still problems: When I try to access my https://www.domain.dom:81/mailuser, I can see that I am being redirected to that original *36 address. And I can not find where this should be changed! Ideas?
Have you changed the domain name under management > server > settings and in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php ?
Old 30th December 2006, 12:19

Ah - editing /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php did the trick Sorry I didn't see that line...

Thank you for excellent support - I love ISPConfig and these forums