Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 4th January 2007, 21:45

Default Mail problems when more than one site exists for a single domain

Hi Everyone,

I have created two sites:
- test.mydomain.com
- www.mydomain.com

I created the test.mydomain.com domain first, and set up a test email account (test@mydomain.com)

I have now created the www.domain.com site together with a couple of email addresses (user1@domain.com and user2@mydomain.com)

I can log into webmail for all of the email addresses that I have created (ie regardless of which site they are in), but cannot send email to the email users in www.mydomain.com - I get a "User unknown in local recipient table" error from Squirrelmail.

I suspect that this has got something to do with having multiple sites for mydomain.com - is this possible? Do I need to change the settings for one of them???

If it were absolutely essential, I'd be prepared to have no email for test.mydomain.com

Thanks for your help,
James.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th January 2007, 11:59
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

You can only have email addresses with @mydomain.com in one of the two sites, so you will have to decide where to have these email addresses. The site that has the mydomain.com co-domain with empty hostname will get all @mydomain.com emails. If this co-domain is in test.mydomain.com, delete it there, wait a minute, empty the recycle bin and recreate it in the other website.