Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 13th February 2009, 02:18

Wink

I really dont know alot.... But i know one think till and Falko are fantastic...

regards
brainz

Last edited by brainz; 13th February 2009 at 02:37.
Sponsored Links
Old 9th March 2009, 22:23

I'm wondering what type of process, if any, will be available to upgrade ISPCONFIG v2 to v3 when the final version is available? I'm looking forward to the new ISPCONFIG. It's amazing that you have such great skills and are so kind to follow the opensource agenda.

By the way, I'd prefer Germany win the next FIFA cup rather than France or Mexico!

Danke vielmals!
Old 9th March 2009, 23:20
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,266 Times in 4,129 Posts

Quote:
I'm wondering what type of process, if any, will be available to upgrade ISPCONFIG v2 to v3 when the final version is available?
There will be no direct upgrading option available. The reason for this is that ispconfig 3 has totally different system requirements so that a system that has run ispconfog 2 before is not able to run ispconfig 3 without a complete reconfiguration or better a reinstallation.

I hope that we will be able to implement some kind of migration tool thats is able to import the website and user details from a ispconfig 2 system to a ispconfig 3 system but there was no time yet to write such a tool and my priority is to get the final of ISPConfig 3 out at the moment. We will not stop the support and updates for ISPConfig 2 so there is no need for fast a upgrade to ispconfig 3 from a technical standpoint.
Old 12th March 2009, 03:52

I use YAA for autoresponders for my Postfix email server using a MySQL backend and virtual users. I used a tutorial on HowtoForge to setup the mail server and then added YAA later.
Old 12th March 2009, 11:19
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,266 Times in 4,129 Posts

ISPConfig 3 uses maildrop based autoresponders and scripts to connect to the mysql database which works fine too.