Old 17th October 2005, 23:48

Lightbulb Adding new ip's to server

Hello,

I've been using ISPConfig for three months now and I must say it's a very nice package
Had no or little trouble on the way installing it but I noticed one thing tough.

I'm running it on fedora core 4, followed the perfect install, have everything working perfect. BUT, after manually adding new ip's from my ip range into the sysconfig files and NOT adding these to the ISPConfig system I ran into some trouble. I don't add these new IP's to the ISPConfig system because they are not for hosting related business.

When I restart the network, they seem to work properly, I can bind services to them, connect, the whole works... But after some time, the ip's seem to go down until I restart the network.

However, If I do add the ip's to the ISPConfig system, they don't seem to go down and stay up al the time.

Any solution for this?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 18th October 2005, 00:05
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Edit /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and set $go_info["server"]["network_config"] to 0. Then ISPConfig won't change your network settings anymore.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 18th October 2005, 00:18

thx ...
Old 18th October 2005, 06:30

i have the same problem i added more ip's from my internal network to my NIC card and when i chose a site it would not work it would default it to the main site again the ip range i added for the ISPConfig is 192.168.1.3 (first nic) and the second NIC i added the remain till 192.168.1.15 so when i created a site with the ip of .10 it would fault back to 3 is this maybe the same porblem?? any help is always appriciated..

Peace
AngelDrago
Old 18th October 2005, 09:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDrago
i have the same problem i added more ip's from my internal network to my NIC card and when i chose a site it would not work it would default it to the main site again the ip range i added for the ISPConfig is 192.168.1.3 (first nic) and the second NIC i added the remain till 192.168.1.15 so when i created a site with the ip of .10 it would fault back to 3 is this maybe the same porblem?? any help is always appriciated..

Peace
AngelDrago
You can choose the IP address when you create a web site in ISPConfig. Are you sure you selected the right one?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: