Old 25th November 2006, 22:48

Default Email Problem

Hello People

Just a bit of background before I can tell what is my actual problem,
I am bit new user of Linux but keen leaner.

In ISPconfig under management tab, for domain I have entered example.com and not my real domain as I wanted set real domain as virtual host with virtual email, does that matter?

Anyways!

I installed FC4 using the perfect setup as I want everything ISP style so I can I have virtual email and websites, after installing successfully I installed ISPconfig, now all seems to be working fine, on the side way I installed webmin.

Now using webmin local user say postmaster can send and receive email without any problem.

Using .pkg file I installed squirrel mail into ISPconfig.

Here my problem starts when I click on the squirrel mail icon under tools in ISPConfig it goes to the login page where I enter the address and paswd the same one I used with webmin; it comes up with imap error. (Not available or connection closed, in other word will not allow me to connect), I did check my imap server if it was not running, my imap server is courier-imap

Just to mention here i am trying to setup ISP style email.
Sponsored Links
Old 26th November 2006, 16:07
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alam
Here my problem starts when I click on the squirrel mail icon under tools in ISPConfig it goes to the login page where I enter the address and paswd the same one I used with webmin; it comes up with imap error. (Not available or connection closed, in other word will not allow me to connect), I did check my imap server if it was not running, my imap server is courier-imap
What's the exact error message? Any errors in your mail log?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 26th November 2006, 16:37

Lightbulb Email Problem

Thanks i have sorted the problem i was doing it in the wrong way now it works but some reason i cannot send and recv email from squirrel mail ? this is the error message i am getting now

Syntax error in parameters or arguments
Server replied: 501 Bad address syntax
Old 26th November 2006, 19:18

Exclamation Re:Email Problem

Hello People

Sorry to bother but i have figured out my problem, and it is being explained under DNS