Old 22nd November 2006, 11:43

Default Training Spamassassin / Pyzor

Hello,

We are using ISPconfig for multiple clients.
The system works pretty good but too much spam is coming through.

I've installed Pyzor on the server and put a .pyzor/server file in /home/admispconfig, is this good enough or should I put this in the home directory of every users (I hope not)?

I've asked a few of our clients to send us there spam mail so that I can train spamassassin. But I'm wondering how to do that for every user, I suspect that training spamassassin as the root user is not good enough.

Thanks for your time.
Locosoft.
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd November 2006, 11:53
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,982 Times in 3,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locosoft
I've installed Pyzor on the server and put a .pyzor/server file in /home/admispconfig, is this good enough or should I put this in the home directory of every users (I hope not)?
Spamassassin is run under each user and not under the user admispconfig. So you might have to add it to every users directory. But as far as i know, spamassassin recognizes a globally installed razor /pyzor / dcc and includes it automatically without individual per user configuration.

Quote:
I've asked a few of our clients to send us there spam mail so that I can train spamassassin. But I'm wondering how to do that for every user, I suspect that training spamassassin as the root user is not good enough.
ISPConfig does not support the training for spamassassin, you might have to add some custom procmail rules or a similar solution if you want to train a individual spamassassin bayes database.
Old 22nd November 2006, 12:02

Quote:
Quote:
Spamassassin is run under each user and not under the user admispconfig. So you might have to add it to every users directory. But as far as i know, spamassassin recognizes a globally installed razor /pyzor / dcc and includes it automatically without individual per user configuration.
That is good news :-)
Do you happen to know if pyzor has a global server file ? From what I can find on the internet it searches for a .pyzor/server file in the $HOME of the user it is run as.

Quote:
ISPConfig does not support the training for spamassassin, you might have to add some custom procmail rules or a similar solution if you want to train a individual spamassassin bayes database.
I'd rather train a global spamassassin bayes database, does spamassassin have one (again, couldn't find it on the internet).

Locosoft
Old 23rd November 2006, 16:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
I'd rather train a global spamassassin bayes database, does spamassassin have one (again, couldn't find it on the internet).

Locosoft
You can do that by using sa-learn: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...light=sa-learn
http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...light=sa-learn

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: