#1  
Old 6th January 2006, 15:35
mwebb mwebb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default completing setup

what dns addresses should i use so that i can host mikeswebb.com on ispconfig??
can i use an ip address other than 69.154.62.142 ??

followed tutorial "the perfect fc4 setup"
then installed ispconfig.

our dsl business plan with sbc gave us the following ip's
69.154.62.137 thru .142

dsl using cayman 3500:
cayman router using 69.154.62.142
dns 68.94.156.1
dns 68.94.157.1
cayman has internal web server and its port address has been changed from 80 to 8080
cayman has internal ftp server and its port address has been changed from 23 to 2323
this was done so as to not interfer with the new internal web server at 192.168.3.4

pinhole created to allow access thru the cayman firewall (i guess); settings are
tcp
extern port start 80
extern port stop 80
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 80

believe cayman dsl router setting are complete ?

i have a web site the name is mikeswebb.com
it is set to the following dns
dns31.register.com
dns32.register.com

what should i change this to ???
dns 68.94.156.1
dns 68.94.157.1
or
69.154.62.142 ??
if it is .142 can i use 69.154.62.137 instead ??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 6th January 2006, 16:17
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

The authoritative name servers for mikeswebb.com are dns31.register.com and dns32.register.com. These are the name servers where you have to create/change the DNS records for mikeswebb.com (set the A record to 69.154.62.142).

Quote:
pinhole created to allow access thru the cayman firewall (i guess); settings are
tcp
extern port start 80
extern port stop 80
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 80

believe cayman dsl router setting are complete ?
You have to forward all needed ports from your router to your ISPConfig system (e.g. 80 for http, 81 for ISPConfig, 25 for SMTP, 21 for FTP, 22 for SSH, 53 (TCP and UDP) for DNS, 110 for POP3, 143 for IMAP, 443 for https, ...).
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 6th January 2006, 16:46
mwebb mwebb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default list of ports to forward

is their a complete list of all the ports that need to be forwarded from the router to the ispconfig computer ??
also it looks to me like i must create a pinhole for each of the ports such as:
tcp
extern port start 80
extern port stop 80
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 80

ftp
extern port start 21
extern port stop 21
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 21
i can't say something like this:
tcp
extern port start 10
extern port stop 1000
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 80
because internally everything would be trying to run on port 80. correct?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 6th January 2006, 17:10
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb
is their a complete list of all the ports that need to be forwarded from the router to the ispconfig computer ??
The list is already pretty complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb
also it looks to me like i must create a pinhole for each of the ports such as:
tcp
extern port start 80
extern port stop 80
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 80

ftp
extern port start 21
extern port stop 21
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 21
i can't say something like this:
tcp
extern port start 10
extern port stop 1000
lan address 192.168.3.4 (computer with ispconfig)
internal port 80
because internally everything would be trying to run on port 80. correct?
If you do the latter, all ports from 10 to 1000 would be forwarded to port 80 which will not work.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 6th January 2006, 17:17
mwebb mwebb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default thanks man

changed everything over will give this a try. now on to my next problem but i thing its best to start a new thread. thanks for the help !!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Server Setup Behind a Router/Firewall/Cable Modem kisong Installation/Configuration 2 1st August 2010 17:05
How to setup Debian linux on a Dell server with RAID 1 Hans HOWTO-Related Questions 7 11th May 2006 00:10
Fedora Core 4 - The Perfect Setup nandhu HOWTO-Related Questions 27 10th January 2006 12:23
Attempting The Perfect Setup (To Some Extent) PsyVision HOWTO-Related Questions 3 3rd November 2005 11:50
setup autoresponder and delete incoming mail ManuelW Installation/Configuration 1 22nd October 2005 23:06


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.