Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th May 2014, 05:20

Send a message via Yahoo to alainalemany Send a message via Skype™ to alainalemany
Exclamation Error on CentOS boot screen installation.

I'm trying to install CentOS 6.5 from USB, which goes like a charm until certain point. I'm going crazy with this, I even uploaded a video to YouTube so you can see what I mean.

I have a 750GB HDD with 2 partitions, the first one for Windows is with 80GB and the second for CentOS which I give 25GB for /root, 2GB for /swap and the rest for /home.

Everything goes well with the installation assistant: date, root password, partition configuration, etc. But when I finish with partitioning, the next thing if the boot screen, in which I let everything by default (the Other /dev/sda4 is Windows partition) and when I press Next you can see some missing repodata rare error which it seems to attempt to go to internet. In Repository Type I choose HTTP/FTP and put my proxy configuration. By the time I did the video (as you can see) I didn't put any repository url and you might think that's the problem... well, even writing it, it shows me the same "must specify http, https or ftp valid url...".

I really have no idea how to move forward.

Any idea?

Here's the VIDEO.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th May 2014, 08:18
HowtoForge Supporter

Hi

Your video is not accessible.
Old 5th May 2014, 13:36

Send a message via Yahoo to alainalemany Send a message via Skype™ to alainalemany

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijan View Post
Hi

Your video is not accessible.
Mmm... that's odd. It was as Unlisted, which has nothing to do with not being accesible, now it's Public, I hope you can see it now.

Thanks.
Old 5th May 2014, 13:48
HowtoForge Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainalemany View Post
Mmm... that's odd. It was as Unlisted, which has nothing to do with not being accesible, now it's Public, I hope you can see it now.

Thanks.
Hi Still it is not accessible.Refer the attachment..
Attached Images