Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd April 2008, 16:31
rotaredoM

Hi djtremors,

Regarding the global stats user, this might interests you.

http://howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20334

Quote:
Added: A global website statistics user can now be created under Management > Server > Settings > Other
Regards
Jonas
Sponsored Links
Old 10th April 2008, 17:24

Default SkipHosts

Hi DJ Tremors,

I put a few SkipHosts in the /etc/awstats/ config files.

But this morning they where gone, are the config files overwritten with default values every night?

I do not want to add the SkipHosts values to the default model config file..
Old 11th April 2008, 11:07

yeah it does get overwritten. If it is a global setting that you want for all sites, put it in the awstats.model.conf as that file is never overwritten and is used as the master conf file which the site file include the master.

If you want it per site and is different on each site then you may need to modify the awstats.php file to include a local version of the site... ie

PHP Code:
After this line (around line 147):

exec"echo 'Include \"/etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf\"' >> /etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".conf" );

Add :
                    if ( 
file_exists("/etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".local") ) exec"echo 'Include \"/etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".local\"' > /etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".conf" ); 
(edited for correctness thanks to swieep)

Now you can add your changes (make sure the master doesn't double up) to the /etc/awstats/awstats.{site}.local file
This hasn't been tested and this is a quick patch but it should check if the "local" file exists and will update the sites conf file to include it on next run...

give it a try. let me know and if it works well enough and people want it, i could include it in....

Last edited by djtremors; 21st April 2008 at 11:29.
Old 17th April 2008, 08:37

Hi djtremors

I found 2 awstats.model.conf

> locate awstats.model.conf
/etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf
/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/awstats.model.conf

And they are different which one to use (or remove)..

> diff /etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/awstats.model.conf
203c203
< DirData="/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats.data"
---
> DirData="."
328c328
< AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=1
---
> AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=0
339c339
< ##AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingAuthenticatedUsers= ""
---
> AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingAuthenticatedUsers=""

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtremors
yeah it does get overwritten. If it is a global setting that you want for all sites, put it in the awstats.model.conf as that file is never overwritten and is used as the master conf file which the site file include the master.

If you want it per site and is different on each site then you may need to modify the awstats.php file to include a local version of the site... ie

PHP Code:
After this line (around line 147):

exec"echo 'Include \"/etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf\"' > /etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".conf" );

Add :
                    if ( 
file_exists("/etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".local") ) exec"echo 'Include \"/etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".local\"' > /etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".conf" ); 
Now you can add your changes (make sure the master doesn't double up) to the /etc/awstats/awstats.{site}.local file
This hasn't been tested and this is a quick patch but it should check if the "local" file exists and will update the sites conf file to include it on next run...

give it a try. let me know and if it works well enough and people want it, i could include it in....
Old 17th April 2008, 10:22

/etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf is the LIVE one.

It's also important that the following IS TRUELY set as it stops people from 1 website accessing another websites stats just because they have passed the htaccess passwords.. each site has a list of allowed users to vist the stats, per site.

AllowAccessFromWebToAuthenticatedUsersOnly=1

so ignore the /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/awstats.model.conf
as it is not used by the /stats pages.
Old 17th April 2008, 14:42

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply..

When I created the local file and runned the crontab entry for awstats I got an error.

Found out you used just one >

exec( "echo 'Include \"/etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".local\"' > /etc/awstats

Changed it to two >> and now the conf file is complet with the SkipHosts in it from the .local file

exec( "echo 'Include \"/etc/awstats/awstats.".$web_real_name.".local\"' >> /etc/awstats

Thanks it seems that is will work the way I want.. maybe you can use it by default in you next release(s)

Quote:
/etc/awstats/awstats.model.conf is the LIVE one.
Old 17th April 2008, 18:18

Um, it shouldn't be a >> as this will append to the file if it exists causing you to multiply your entries every time it runs.

Double check that but running your cron command again and check that the lines aren't being readded again and again with each run.

it's 2am here right now and I might be cross eyed.. :P
Old 20th April 2008, 17:43

Hi,

No, the entry's are not double.. The problem was without the >> the file only contains the .local info, in this case only SkipHosts and awstats was complaining about not finding the needed files etc.

Now with the >> everynight the file is recreated with the needed SkipHosts..

Quote:
Um, it shouldn't be a >> as this will append to the file if it exists causing you to multiply your entries every time it runs.

Double check that but running your cron command again and check that the lines aren't being readded again and again with each run.

it's 2am here right now and I might be cross eyed.. :P

Last edited by swieep; 20th April 2008 at 17:49.
Old 21st April 2008, 10:59

Actually, your quite correct since the main site file is overwritten it can't double up anyway... and a single > overwrites.. oh der....., stupid me.....

Is the awstats.model.conf file have it's SkipHosts entry removed? I don't think it will work with it listed twice nor will it overwrite the other properly.

Does your server do reverse lookups, if so you must use the name of the IP and not use the IP itself.. or just put both. SkipHosts only works on new updates and previous ones are basically too late.
Old 21st April 2008, 18:51

Hi,

I did not remove the SkipHost from the model.conf and it works as designed. That is from now the hosts are skipped the one alread in the stats are not skipped.

So thank you for your solution it works very nice..

I have to make a list what I have changes so when a update of ispconfig is needed, I have to redo my steps
(spamd, clamd and now custom awstats)

Quote:
Actually, your quite correct since the main site file is overwritten it can't double up anyway... and a single > overwrites.. oh der....., stupid me.....

Is the awstats.model.conf file have it's SkipHosts entry removed? I don't think it will work with it listed twice nor will it overwrite the other properly.

Does your server do reverse lookups, if so you must use the name of the IP and not use the IP itself.. or just put both. SkipHosts only works on new updates and previous ones are basically too late.