Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Tips/Tricks/Mods

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 3rd February 2007, 22:03

These are probably duplicate entries somewhere.
See if there is a /icon and /ispcstats somewhere else in the file and if so, remark them out.

My install script doesn't check if the entries exist and if you install multiple times it'll add the entries again and again.
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd February 2007, 22:27

indeed I installed twice :-( removed the duplicate entries,
Old 16th March 2007, 12:59

I just NEED to revive this thread, as I am halfway stuck.

As I am using suexec, this did not work out. In a nightly msn session with djtremors we worked through this for severall hours, but didn't finally finish it.

I can't catch djtremors on msn again as we are roughly 12 hours apart :-) but I still have the chatlogs so if someone wants to help, maybe djtremors has given this problem a thought?

After the conversation with him we concluded it can be done, but still needs some finetuning.
Old 16th March 2007, 13:42

Send a message via MSN to martinfst Send a message via Skype™ to martinfst

I don't use suexec, but I 'support' the dynamic version of AWstats in ISPConfig. Not for users to have the "Update Now" button, but the browsing through history dynamically is very important IMO.

I'm considering to work on 6.6. I know the crontabs are incorrect (I think we can skip one run) the default of 04.00 hours interferes with webalizer (Fixed on my systems), https is not processed very well, with mod_perl2 enabled there's a bug in awstats (fixed on my systems) and I have not enabled any plugin. So yeah, I'm open to suggestions how to tackle this.
Old 16th March 2007, 15:43

you kind of confused me with your answer, so are you saying I can help you by sending you the chatlogs? I don't think djtremors will have any probs with this as he just helped me in the direction we need to go.

I'll mail you the logs as soon as I get home from work, to show you what we have tried, the thing is we were so close, I could almost see it ;-) but unfortunately it was the night after my birthday and 4:00 am in the morning and I just came back from celebrating...
I guess I wasn't at my brightest moments...
Old 16th March 2007, 17:04

Send a message via MSN to martinfst Send a message via Skype™ to martinfst

Happy birthday.....

Sorry for any confusion. I'm not sure if the chatlogs will help. I personally don't use suphp.
But I do use awstats in dynamic mode, and I do have some ideas to improve. Let's see what we can come up with.
Old 23rd March 2007, 12:18

Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default users for awstats

Hello guys,
how the autentification works??,
about month ago, when i just tried to use awstats for ispoconfig it worked well
But now something is weird
.htaccess points to home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/.htpasswd
and /.htpasswd contains following

admin:$1$TAVCXZlv$NAjnpdNgAfPMNT********
web14_giftvouchers:JyA8g********
web14_info:IR1a3********
web14_chantho:$1$mHAEatCw$sy.6ShQCg/ph5********
web14_booking:`pFEW********I
web15_georgev:LtDLK********
web15_yaolan:dB701Hp********
web15_shane:$1$OOb5/XOX$7Hxh********
web15_djtremors:$1$exen~YnY$LAcM2BV********
web21_flux:$1$sj[FjJFp$NlkXirJdO/1b1********

which are some your users...

Last edited by radim_h; 23rd March 2007 at 12:21.
Old 23rd March 2007, 21:43

Oh dear,... thats my fault. They're old passwords from my old test server which I obviously forgot to blank out before making the TGZ files. DAMN, i'll be hacked :P
Just nuke it with

> /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/.htpasswd
Old 24th March 2007, 11:02

Send a message via ICQ to radim_h
Default one more problem with generating .htpasswd

well, it is probably not only problem
in crontab, there are 2 scripts
In this one,
0 4 * * * /root/ispconfig/php/php /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php

I'm getting result:
Warning: fopen(/var/www/ispcstats/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 56

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 57

Warning: fopen(/var/www/ispcstats/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 127

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 128

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 129
sh: /home/httpd/htdocs/ispcstats/awstats.pl: No such file or directory

I changed line 56 of the script, but it still doesnt work, getting result

Warning: fopen(/var/www/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ispc.awstats/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 56

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 57

Warning: fopen(/var/www/ispcstats/.htpasswd): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 127

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 128

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /root/ispconfig/scripts/shell/awstats.php on line 129
sh: /home/httpd/htdocs/ispcstats/awstats.pl: No such file or directory

It is because script is going still into /var/www , but i cant find where "$path_httpd_root" is defined (i'm not good in PHP scripting...)

And what about the line 119 of the script? can i put my own admin password there?? (i'd like to see users statistics also .) )

Server is Running on Fedora Core6 i386

Last edited by radim_h; 24th March 2007 at 11:13.
Old 25th March 2007, 00:33

Please use the updated script from the same site. Since moving to my new server I've found some stupid mistakes including using apaches DocumentRoot which was hardcoded to my server. Now it uses ISPConfigs paths which is the same on any ISPC install.

Also, installing multiple times causes duplicates. It doesn't detect existing versions etc, so you will have to delete readded lines in crontab and httpd.conf or just extract the awstats.php file from the tgz.

sorry about that.

Also, in regards to the admin password. This script started off as a patch to webalizer as most people know and then due to some others wanting to be able to use both I made a copy and renamed the script so it doesn't overwrite the original.
How the admin password works I have no idea as it appeared hardcoded but it was a rip off the original as I said. The admin hashed password is not stored anywhere else that I know of except for possibly the MySQL database but I just haven't had time to look at where to get the code and set it.

Last edited by djtremors; 25th March 2007 at 00:43.