Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th November 2006, 09:49

Default User can logged in to all my domains

Hello to all..

i just finished installing ispconfig to centos 4.4, and setup my 3 different domains there, create account/email each. What ive noticed is.. the user that i created from the other domain, can actually login to the other. Like for example..

i have a domain, domain.com, other.com. i created a user from domain.com which is, user1, and has an email of user1@domain.com, then i create another user2 for other.com and has the email of user2@other.com

when i finished installing squirrelmail as my front end, and go to mail.domain.com to try to login user1 for an email of user1@domain.com, yes.. it successfully logged in. but.. when i try to login user2 on that particular squirrelmail front end, and yes.. it does, and automatically got a user2@domain.com which i did not in the first place created.

im just confused about this, supposedly user2 can just have user2@other.com and can login to mail.other.com, and cannot logged as user2@domain.com in domain.com

please.. help..
Sponsored Links
Old 7th November 2006, 11:36
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,316 Times in 4,169 Posts

Users are logging in on a server and not a domain. The domain part in the login (behind the @) is only to specify the correct target server and is not part of the authentication process. Thats why you can use any domain or even the IP address as long as it points to your server, but it does not mean that you are able to login with user1 to the account of user2.
Old 7th November 2006, 12:29

ah ok.. so.. what will be the best solution? for example, the user/email that i created from one domain, can automatically have an email for the other domain. is that really the way it is?
Old 8th November 2006, 10:22
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,316 Times in 4,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon
ah ok.. so.. what will be the best solution? for example, the user/email that i created from one domain, can automatically have an email for the other domain. is that really the way it is?
No, they dont have an email for the other domain. There is no solution needed as there is no problem with that. Usernames are always global for the server, thats why ISPConfig has the username prefix feature.
Old 8th November 2006, 10:49

thanks for the reply.. i made several testing.. and got it right finally, thanks for the time and effort..

kudos to the developer for such a nice and useful software..