Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd October 2006, 01:25

Default Spam black list not working

Hello,
Newbie checking in, I have Ispconfig version 2.27. I have enabled mailscan, spamfilter, anti virus. When I go into the control panel and try to add a domain example *.domain.net and save it, it doesn't work. Email comes right through, I'm really new @ linux. I know I'm running fedora core 5, postfix, fetchmail & Ispconfig. I can send and recieve no problem just having issues trying to get the spam filter up and running.. Please help , thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 22nd October 2006, 16:25
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp8756
Hello,
Newbie checking in, I have Ispconfig version 2.27. I have enabled mailscan, spamfilter, anti virus. When I go into the control panel and try to add a domain example *.domain.net
You cannot use wildcards such as * in ISPConfig.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 22nd October 2006, 21:00

Default Still have no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
You cannot use wildcards such as * in ISPConfig.
Okay that is good to know, but even if I try and block an email account direct like chris@hotmail.com it still allows the email to come through.

I did a little research last night and discovered that spamd will not stay running. Could this be part of the problem as to why I cannot block any thing? I enjoy using Squirrel mail and when I go into spam assassassin and try to block an email address it will only allow me to block one address and even then it still allows the email to be received. Any ideas?
Old 23rd October 2006, 06:23

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp8756
Okay that is good to know, but even if I try and block an email account direct like chris@hotmail.com it still allows the email to come through.

I did a little research last night and discovered that spamd will not stay running. Could this be part of the problem as to why I cannot block any thing? I enjoy using Squirrel mail and when I go into spam assassassin and try to block an email address it will only allow me to block one address and even then it still allows the email to be received. Any ideas?

I figured it out!!! Turns out that by running spam -D told me that I didn't have perl installed on my server. I thought I installed perl when I setup the server but I guess not. Any how installing perl resolved the issue and my spam filter is now working correctly.

Hope this helps any one else who runs accross this problem