Old 15th October 2006, 16:23

Default Odd question for Falko

Dear Falko,
I'm in the process of setting up a very small ISP with your software. I'm also testing your howto on "How To Set Up A Loadbalanced High-Availability Apache Cluster". May I first of all thank you for all the knowledge you give to the community ! I'm not a linux expert but I'm hoping to get there. The questions I have for you should probably not even be in this forum but I wouldn't know how else to ask you this, so please forgive me, and maybe redirect me otherwise. Question: My situation is that I have two identical servers on which I want to install ISPconfig.Budget doesn't allow a third and forth one. Would it be possible to also implement on these two servers the ispconfig and the howto on high-availability just so that if one of them breaks, the other one totally takes over? Mysql can already be replicated in a master-master configuration. Also I have already rsynced the users and apache sites. Quick notes on which configs I should change then and how? Last question, do you know the command in opensuse 10.1 to do the equavalent of the following in debian where you add lo:0 to the interfaces:
"auto lo:0
iface lo:0 inet static
address 192.168.0.105
netmask 255.255.255.255
pre-up sysctl -p > /dev/null"
Ofcourse this is from your high availability howto. This is because I've also been checking out the perfect opensuse 10.1 setup.
I would greatly appreciate any pointers you could give me.
Sincerely,

Randy
Sponsored Links
Old 16th October 2006, 15:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Would it be possible to also implement on these two servers the ispconfig and the howto on high-availability just so that if one of them breaks, the other one totally takes over?
Should be possible, although I haven't tried this. But you can take a look here: http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topologies/ha-eg.html
http://www.ultramonkey.org/3/topolog...-ha-lb-eg.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Last question, do you know the command in opensuse 10.1 to do the equavalent of the following in debian where you add lo:0 to the interfaces:
"auto lo:0
iface lo:0 inet static
address 192.168.0.105
netmask 255.255.255.255
pre-up sysctl -p > /dev/null"
Ofcourse this is from your high availability howto. This is because I've also been checking out the perfect opensuse 10.1 setup.
I don't know the commands for SuSE 10.1, however I don't recommend to use SuSE 10.1 on a server. It's not the, erm, best distribution...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: