Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 29th October 2006, 19:26

Question MySQL data distribution across nodes

There is a very good how-to on a load balancing HA MySQL Cluster system, but nothing on how to devide a database across multiple nodes. I have a total of 6 low-end machines on a lan, And I want to build a load balancing sytem with four machines running data, and the other two running all other tasks.
How do I cluster the data, and how do I let my management node know what runs where?
Sponsored Links
Old 30th October 2006, 15:18
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

In a MySQL cluster, the data is always on all cluster nodes.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 8th November 2006, 08:35

Send a message via MSN to sysconfig

From MySQL.com
Quote:
Data node: Stores and replicates data. Data node functionality is handled by an instance of the NDB data node process ndbd.

SQL node: This is simply an instance of MySQL Server (mysqld) that is built with support for the NDB Cluster storage engine and started with the --ndb-cluster option to enable the engine.

Management node (MGM node): Provides management services for the cluster as a whole, including startup, shutdown, backups, and configuration data for the other nodes. The management node server is implemented as the application ndb_mgmd; the management client used to control MySQL Cluster via the MGM node is ndb_mgm.
A MySQL Cluster has both a physical and logical organization or data. If you want to your database tables in clustered environment you need to add ENGINE=NDBCLUSTER; at the last of create table syntax.