Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 6th September 2006, 00:20
jjw jjw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Machine Won't Reboot After ISPConfig Install

I can't believe it. I've installed well over 40 times in the last two weeks a "perfect install" core 4, and then ispconfig. I could never get the mail server to authenticate remote clients.

So, I decided to do a core 5 "perfect install". I went through the whole thing and with the exception of the different out put on the fstab (probably why this thing won't boot up), I had no errors at all.

So, I decided to reboot. Which was a mistake. Because the machine just sits there stupidly doing nothing. At all.

So now I am installing core 4 again.

Has anybody other than the mods been able to install this rig onto Fedora core 4? Or 5? I seriously would appreciate any insight as to why I am not successful.

Reference Links:

My Core 4 Fiasco
Core 5 fstab Issue
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 6th September 2006, 11:29
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 37,022
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,655 Times in 4,464 Posts
Default

Which is the last message you see on your screen when your server stops booting.

Quote:
Has anybody other than the mods been able to install this rig onto Fedora core 4? Or 5? I seriously would appreciate any insight as to why I am not successful.
I am pretty sure that there are > 1000 installations of the perfects etup fedora core 4 and 5 out there. There are no other threads about your problem in the forums so I guess you are doing the same mistake in every install.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 6th September 2006, 13:20
jjw jjw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Which is the last message you see on your screen when your server stops booting.
Blank screen. Blabk screen with nothing. I had to ssh from another local machine to shut it down gracefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
I am pretty sure that there are > 1000 installations of the perfects etup fedora core 4 and 5 out there. There are no other threads about your problem in the forums so I guess you are doing the same mistake in every install.
I am cutting and pasting. And I'll continue until I figure it out.

Conversely, my real need is to know how to get my machine to authenticate smtp...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 6th September 2006, 20:24
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw
I can't believe it. I've installed well over 40 times in the last two weeks a "perfect install" core 4, and then ispconfig. I could never get the mail server to authenticate remote clients.

So, I decided to do a core 5 "perfect install". I went through the whole thing and with the exception of the different out put on the fstab (probably why this thing won't boot up), I had no errors at all.

So, I decided to reboot. Which was a mistake. Because the machine just sits there stupidly doing nothing. At all.
This makes me believe it could be a compatibility problem with your hardware...
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 7th September 2006, 01:34
jjw jjw is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

Yeah, that's why I pitched the Core 5 DVD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New ISPConfig Install nubtool Installation/Configuration 15 18th May 2008 17:46
ISPConfig install failure grimmers Installation/Configuration 20 26th July 2006 14:44
ISPConfig install error: The PHP binary coming with ISPConfig does not work... mlanglois Installation/Configuration 9 13th July 2006 15:56
ISPConfig Install Error badenzer Installation/Configuration 2 23rd June 2006 01:20
install successful but no ispconfig site Nu2Linux Installation/Configuration 3 4th November 2005 00:30


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.