Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 16th August 2006, 08:34

Send a message via AIM to dtrotter Send a message via MSN to dtrotter Send a message via Yahoo to dtrotter
Default ispconfig login error (mysql)

Hey all! I recently installed ispConfig and it was working great until I had some mysql issues. I thought that I got things figured out until I tried logging in to ispconfig as admin (or anyone else as far as that goes). Here is the error that I receive:

>>

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

<<

I know it has to do with authentication between the mysql database and ispconfig, but I cant figure out how to resolve it.

Thank in advance everyone!

Thanks!

Devin
Sponsored Links
Old 16th August 2006, 09:37
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,656 Times in 4,464 Posts

Plese check that the username and password for the mysql database in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php are correct for your mysql database. Then check with "netstat -tap" that your mysql database is listening on a tcp socket.
Old 17th August 2006, 01:29

Send a message via AIM to dtrotter Send a message via MSN to dtrotter Send a message via Yahoo to dtrotter

Ha! Go figure... I had already changed that to match the mysql password, but of course I had a typo. Thanks for getting me back on track! I reset it and restarted ispconfig and all is well now! Thanks a ton!

Devin
Old 17th August 2006, 05:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Plese check that the username and password for the mysql database in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php are correct for your mysql database. Then check with "netstat -tap" that your mysql database is listening on a tcp socket.
I followed all the step in this tutorial
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_se...n_sarge_strato
and I cant seem to log into ISPconfig using admin admin. is there anyway to change it or reset it please.

I did check the above Quote details and Its all ok

TT
Old 17th August 2006, 11:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,656 Times in 4,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytomato
I followed all the step in this tutorial
http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_se...n_sarge_strato
and I cant seem to log into ISPconfig using admin admin. is there anyway to change it or reset it please.

I did check the above Quote details and Its all ok
If this is your first login, then the problem is not the admin password, the problem is that ISPConfig is not able to connect to your mysql database or the sys_user table does not exist.

Please post the output of: netstat -tap

Have you created the database for ispconfig manually or did you run the ispconfig setup script several times?
Old 17th August 2006, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
If this is your first login, then the problem is not the admin password, the problem is that ISPConfig is not able to connect to your mysql database or the sys_user table does not exist.

Please post the output of: netstat -tap

Have you created the database for ispconfig manually or did you run the ispconfig setup script several times?

I re did this again, I'm having troubles with the https now
I did create the database this time as where before I may of miss it

any way to get it to load http instead of https

TT

Last edited by tommytomato; 17th August 2006 at 19:27.
Old 18th August 2006, 01:17

Are you sure you created the SSL Certificate correctly? Somtimes there is an error in the output that can very easily go unnoticed...

Here is a fairly good site for creating and using SSL certs:

http://www.akadia.com/services/ssh_t...rtificate.html
Old 18th August 2006, 03:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrotter
Are you sure you created the SSL Certificate correctly? Somtimes there is an error in the output that can very easily go unnoticed...

Here is a fairly good site for creating and using SSL certs:

http://www.akadia.com/services/ssh_t...rtificate.html
what do they mean by enter pass phrase is like that a password ?

TT
Old 18th August 2006, 08:17

I'm going through it again
here is my netstat -tap

Code:
members:~# netstat -tap
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     1015/inetd
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:mysql *:*                     LISTEN     2428/mysqld
tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     1015/inetd
tcp        0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     1015/inetd
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN     816/portmap
tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*                     LISTEN     1015/inetd
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.4:domain      *:*                     LISTEN     2107/named
tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     2107/named
tcp        0      0 *:790                   *:*                     LISTEN     1032/rpc.statd
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     1027/sshd
tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     2107/named
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     1009/exim4
tcp        0    148 192.168.1.4:ssh         192.168.1.7:3208        ESTABLISHED1050/0
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.4:ssh         192.168.1.7:3213        ESTABLISHED1956/sshd: root@not
tcp        0      0 192.168.1.4:ssh         192.168.1.7:3212        ESTABLISHED1950/sshd: root@not
members:~#
TT
Old 18th August 2006, 09:55

I got it going

just have to learn how to use it now

TT