Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > ISPConfig 3 Priority Support

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th September 2013, 11:38

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaxth
Default Downloads from ISPConfig Server

Downloads from ISPConfig Server are:
  1. very slow up to 20KB/sec
  2. NO Resume in case the download is broken!
[img]Downloads from ISPConfig Server[/img]

I've an Cable connection with 20Mbps+ (upto 50Mbps) and could normally download with 3MB/sec +! NO Resume by downloading huge files is quite "unfriendly". To download an file from 901MB within app. ~9+ hours, is just outraged!

I started the download of the file already the 3rd time because the download were broken 2 times already and could NOT Resume! On this I'm since yesterday afternoon!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 24th September 2013, 11:43

Question ISPConfig3 Manual

In the Manual is an problem with Page 124:

Or it is an problem from downloading which I doubt!

Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:05
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

Hi,

I'am sorry to hear that you had problems with the download speed.

There must be a issue with the connection of your internet access provider to servers in europe. I tested the download speed over different networks, the download of the manual took always about 15 - 20 seconds for the 21MB file, so there is no speed issue from our server or internet connection side. We are connected with 1Gbit in the datacenter with a guaranteed bandwidth of 200Mbit and the datacenter has a direct connection to DECIX, one of the largest internet nodes in the world.

If you have problems with the download speed trough your access provider, then please contact us by email and we will download the manual for you and send you your copy of the manual by email.

The formatting issue on page 124 is known and we will fix it for the next release of the manual.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
Quaxth (24th September 2013)
Old 24th September 2013, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Hi,

I'am sorry to hear that you had problems with the download speed.

There must be a issue with the connection of your internet access provider to servers in europe. I tested the download speed over different networks, the download of the manual took always about 15 - 20 seconds for the 21MB file, so there is no speed issue from our server or internet connection side. We are connected with 1Gbit in the datacenter with a guaranteed bandwidth of 200Mbit and the datacenter has a direct connection to DECIX, one of the largest internet nodes in the world.

If you have problems with the download speed trough your access provider, then please contact us by email and we will download the manual for you and send you your copy of the manual by email.

The formatting issue on page 124 is known and we will fix it for the next release of the manual.
As I wrote, my connection is 20-50Mbps and that 20Mbps is the minimum I get all times.

Maybe the TraceRoute will tell you something:

and:

And what's about the resume? Couldn't you enable Resume for downloads?

Thanks a lot.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Couldn't you enable Resume for downloads?
We had it enabled before and it caused a lot of inconsistent downloads, so we had to disable it again.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:21

Fact is, that I'm, after more than 24h of downloading: The_Perfect_Server_-_Debian_Wheezy_x86_64__Apache2__BIND__Dovecot__ISP Config_3___VirtualBox_Image__2.zip with an size of 901.79 MB, and after two broken downloads, now by 71.24% of the 3rd! I normally could download within 1h more than 5GB! and don't need to be worry about broken downloads because Resume is working!

Thanks.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:31
Super Moderator

I just tested the download of that file, overall download time for 902 MB: 4 minutes. And I'am on a completely different ISP here in europe then the one that runs the servers. I'am really sorry that you ISP in thailand has such a bad connection to DECIX and europe.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:36
Super Moderator

If your download stops again, then I will try to give you a seperate download e.g. by ftp.
Old 24th September 2013, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
I just tested the download of that file, overall download time for 902 MB: 4 minutes. And I'am on a completely different ISP here in europe then the one that runs the servers. I'am really sorry that you ISP in thailand has such a bad connection to DECIX and europe.
That's at the moment:

I downloaded from the UK 320MB Android Firmware today within 3˝min! On the same connection!

Maybe, if you get more complaints about that, why not create a Mirror by let say: Mega.co.nz because they giving 50GB for free and the download is ok with resume! I really don't mind about low speed IF Resume is enabled! Than I don't have to sit down and look at the monitor all times because of crashes!

You see, as I had installed the Debian and ISPConfig yesterday several times, once I wasn't able to get the apps from your Server even not with IP! it started an than was hanging for more than 40min and finally stopped totally, As try to re-download was getting an error. So needed an other re-installation! I'm not sure that those problem lies in Thailand connection, it could also be in the intl. connection, some Gateway, or even within Germany!
You seen the trace routes! I'll do an other trace scan later with a different software and see the result from that! According to my ISP here in Thailand, they didn't blocking or having any other problem. I called them today also for to test! It's a pain in the ass!

Ok, will let you know the next later on.

Cheers.
Old 25th September 2013, 11:33

Default Download from ispconfig.org

I installed the whole again because I also was registering a new domain and to solve problems with Name Servers.

The download of: http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/I...-stable.tar.gz still didn't works for me from the Debian Server, instead it works from an Windows desktop. Finally I had to use the IP 144.76.136.125 instead of ispconfig.org and that worked for installation.

I not used to type the command, I was using Copy and Paste to avoid any error and/or Typo!

Now time to start testing the server!!

Thanks and Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Quaxth For This Useful Post:
till (25th September 2013)