Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 20th June 2013, 17:44

Question Postfix block users from sending to ALL addresses except for specific addresses

Greetings, I am attempting to limit specific local users from sending mail to ALL addresses except members of my management team.

Basically I want our sales agents to be able to receive important emails/bulletins from management, but only be able to reply to and send email to the members of management.

Initially I figured I would just block their ability to send altogether with /etc/postfix/access but then decided it would be nice to give them the ability to email management if necessary. If there are no other solutions, I will probably just defer to this.

I have it setup so they cant send to or receive email from the outside world, I just want to limit WHO they can send email TO within the company. Unfortunately many of my staff would abuse the privilege if I allowed them to email anyone internally.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Old 21st June 2013, 10:23

Send a message via Skype™ to TiTex

have you looked into this ?
http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html
Old 21st June 2013, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTex View Post
Yes sir, I spent a couple hours reading up on it but didn't find many examples to apply to my situation. I'll keep searching.